+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are they now? Notts managers of the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Bit of a frightening list innit? & don't forget that each of these managers got the job because they were deemed the best of the applicants!!! How many would you prefer to KN at the moment? but still some fans are convinced that if we were to get rid the queue of "much better managers" would stretch well beyond the "Navi"!!
    Cotterill or Allen would do for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Cotterill or Allen would do for me
    Probably the 2 that I would pick but having said that Allen is very much a loose cannon & I doubt very much that we have the sort of budget that would interest " I want to move closer to home" Cotterill.

15 managers on that list and only three of them went on to manage at a higher level, and two of those - Ince and Sheridan - didn't do so for long. 8 of them have not managed in the Football League since.
    Cotterill is the only ex-manager who can really claim to have moved onto better things. Martin Allen has had some success but always at least a division below where he left us.

Let's hope we can avoid adding to the list this season and that Nolan can soon find a solution to the current problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12