+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t get me wrong but are we too tight with our budget.

I just wish Tony Stewart would tell us what his ambitions are for the club because it's going to be impossible to consolidate in the Championship with such a small operating budget.
    I know he is keen on financial prudence and it's hard to argue against that but what exactly does he want the club to achieve?
    I've followed the Millers through thick and thin for over 60 years but I get the impression that some of the "newbies" who have only known the New York days are becoming disillusioned with the apparent lack of direction and the fear is that a lot may walk away.

Mellowmiller,
    I don't think that his ambition matches the real possibility of the club.
    He's said that he'd love to see us in the premiership one day. I don't think that we stand a cat in hells chance.

The new supporters that joined when we went to NYS are what us long term supporters were hoping for when we were at Millmoor to fill the place.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    According to Tony Stewart we don't and have never had a budget ..That's what he said at the forum the other week . He chucks money in as and when its needed but regarding a actual fugue they work to FFP and that's it .
    So was it paper talk about our competitive budgets then are is someone telling porkies,that’s what I find bewildering about the Millers just now,you never know who are what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Mellowmiller,
    He's said that he'd love to see us in the premiership one day. I don't think that we stand a cat in hells chance.

The new supporters that joined when we went to NYS are what us long term supporters were hoping for when we were at Millmoor to fill the place.
    I agree Frog and I remember the "Premiership" comment only too well but we all know that was just a silly throwaway line and he surely regrets making it.
    So what are his real (and realistic) ambitions for the club?
    We don't know because he never tells us.

I think for us to spend more like people are wanting the club needs to grow more. We have money we just are using it to grow different parts of the club, like training facilities.

You can by a top quality stallion but if you have no jockey or field he will just end up as burgers instead of winning you millions at the races

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    According to Tony Stewart we don't and have never had a budget ..That's what he said at the forum the other week . He chucks money in as and when its needed but regarding a actual fugue they work to FFP and that's it .
    This is one of Tony Stewart's problems, he chucks comments about like confetti and often contradicts himself.
    Last season we were told we had "a top 5" budget in League 1 but now he is saying we don't have a budget.
    How can the club be sure it's operating within its means and according to FFP rules if it doesn't work within a budget?
    More nonsense ☹

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    So was it paper talk about our competitive budgets then are is someone telling porkies,that’s what I find bewildering about the Millers just now,you never know who are what to believe.
    He did confirm the bid for Gregory and did confirm Stubbs was the one pulling the plug .He didn't rate him(Stubbs) more than 1.4 m that we bid. He also confirmed 2 players had cost him over as million pounds that season in wages . Blackstock and i assume Halford . But yes i agree there is alot of misleading info been banded around

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Mellowmiller,
    What do you mean by this, Frog?

In the final analysis, the success or otherwise of a club is determined by the financial resources available to it. In Rotherham's case that is essentially determined by how much the owner is willing and able to fund it.

Tony Stewart's intentions/ ambitions are there for all to see - to run the club upon a sound financial basis and achieve such success as is possible from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I agree Frog and I remember the "Premiership" comment only too well but we all know that was just a silly throwaway line and he surely regrets making it.
    So what are his real (and realistic) ambitions for the club?
    We don't know because he never tells us.
    Why is it nonsense to say the he'd love to see the club in the Premiership? I certainly would. Wouldn't you?

I'd love to buy a ski Lodge in Aspen, but that doesn't mean that I think there is much chance of it happening unless I win the Euromiilions

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    What do you mean by this, Frog?

In the final analysis, the success or otherwise of a club is determined by the financial resources available to it. In Rotherham's case that is essentially determined by how much the owner is willing and able to fund it.

Tony Stewart's intentions/ ambitions are there for all to see - to run the club upon a sound financial basis and achieve such success as is possible from time to time.
    I think that he, like the rest of the people who support The Millers would love it if we were an established Premiership team.
    I don't think that it is possible for us to do it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast