+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women's football

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Can I point out to you that there are 32.58 million men in the UK and 33.46 million women. Now that's 51-49% wise and it's a fair bet that there are as many footie fans within their ranks as there are among the men.
    So don't they deserve more coverage on that basis alone?
    I would like to bet that last night's England team would be a match for the current dross that wears black and white stripes at Meadow Lane.
    Do try my kids' book 'Red Card' which deals with poor male attitudes towards sporting women. It's been translated into Swedish and Arabic too. It's for 9 to 12 year olds but it might help you reconstruct your attitude.
    I’m not fussed either way if they are on tv or not it doesn’t bother me but I’d say this no way is the percentage of people in this country who like football equal amongst men and women.

That’s like saying more men are interested in the bake off !

As bad as Notts are they would destroy any woman’s football team without doubt.

No interest in it or women's tennis, apart from I used to watch Gabriel Sabatini for ulterior motives

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    No interest in it or women's tennis, apart from I used to watch Gabriel Sabatini for ulterior motives
    Been watching England women on telly over the last few years. The standard has improved massively. Good luck to 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Been watching England women on telly over the last few years. The standard has improved massively. Good luck to 'em!

Boring

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Same here

Can I point out to you that there are 32.58 million men in the UK and 33.46 million women. Now that's 51-49% wise and it's a fair bet that there are as many footie fans within their ranks as there are among the men.
    Absolutely no chance, out of the % of women that like mens football, which is already less, there will be even less of those women that like womens football and then a small niche of women that specifically only like womens football and don't watch mens. The main audience for womens football is kids and the parents of kids that play it.

I would like to bet that last night's England team would be a match for the current dross that wears black and white stripes at Meadow Lane.
    Again, no chance. There are pub teams and U15 teams up and down the country that would beat them and have beaten them and their peers. It even annoys the women when people say stupid things like that, they know they're not as physically strong or quick and it's boring when you compare the two. Luckily they don't compete against men so it has no relevance on how entertaining it is or how many people watch it.

As you can see in my first post, I am supportive of it and usually watch it when it's on, but let's not just make random stuff up.

It's all about opinions, DF, and ours differ. I love the way you conflate opinion with fact though. How do you know that women are annoyed when people say 'stupid things like that'? Where's your proof?

It's all about opinions, DF, and ours differ. I love the way you conflate opinion with fact though. How do you know that women are annoyed when people say 'stupid things like that'? Where's your proof?
    One of the ex England ladies footballers was on BT Sport the other week and she was saying what Delroy is saying.

She said we know we haven't played football to the same level but she had played international football so just gives her view and said she would hate people to say she got on tv as a token gesture.

Some of the ladies speak more sense than the men I mean how the hell is Garth Crooks still employed ?!

DON'T BITE! Delroy.

As you were Sidney.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast