+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relegation or dragging ourselves out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Relegation unless we act now. 7 games to go and we need someone to get us out of this mess and Ardley is not that man.
    This^^^

Right now, I'm expecting relegation. However, we have shown that we can get results against decent teams at this level, so there is still some hope. Especially if Yeovil continue on their run of form.

The reality is we deserve to go down. I doubt any team in the history of the fourth tier of English football has had so much money lavished on it for such little return. We can all point our fingers at our own particular scapegoats but collectively from the chairman down to the many loanees the quality on and off the pitch has consistently been amatuer. The only positive this season has been the fans. I don't care if they have paid £2 or £20, their support has been solid and I for one will continue to support the club in any form till the day I die. I just hope we have a club to cheer and a group of players we can be proud of in the future. COYP

I hope I'm wrong but i can't see us getting out of this. We keep giving up great opportunities to pull clear. Macclesfield morecambe yeovil port vale exeter and again this weekend coming other teams have harder games but we mess up. Na keeps saying it's in our hands and concentrate on our matches which is right but we keep f##king it up big time. Most of those teams above have had one player who's hurt us, on paper we should be a better team but the players haven't stepped up.

Also a big difference i have noticed is the amount of luck we had under nolan it was unbelievable and we seem to get nothing now. Not a deflection or the ball falling to an unmarked player to tap home or owt. But they say you make your own luck and as it was saturday crossing the ball onto their centre backs head instead of low hard crosses and one two's. Exeters right winger was overweight but he got the ball 3-4 times and looked more dangerous on his own than we did all game.
    Hope I'm wrong but relegation

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Relegation unless we act now. 7 games to go and we need someone to get us out of this mess and Ardley is not that man.

This ^^^.

Rams fan here. 4 of us flew over from Amsterdam ( moved there 35 years ago) in December, the weekend you played Tranmere. Due to those nice people at Sky moving our game against those Huggers of Trees to the Monday, we had to extend our stay by 2 days. What to do on the Saturday afternoon? Simple, visit one of the few grounds I hadn't been to before. Strange really with you being so close to the area I was brought up in. Had a good chat with several of you in the supporters club bar pre game and again at HT. Great meat & potato pie as well. The football? You won 3-2. Former Ram Jon Stead had a great game and we all went away thinking you would be safe. I still hope you are. Time is running out but play the way you did that day........ but it's not easy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but i can't see us getting out of this. We keep giving up great opportunities to pull clear. Macclesfield morecambe yeovil port vale exeter and again this weekend coming other teams have harder games but we mess up. Na keeps saying it's in our hands and concentrate on our matches which is right but we keep f##king it up big time. Most of those teams above have had one player who's hurt us, on paper we should be a better team but the players haven't stepped up.

Also a big difference i have noticed is the amount of luck we had under nolan it was unbelievable and we seem to get nothing now. Not a deflection or the ball falling to an unmarked player to tap home or owt. But they say you make your own luck and as it was saturday crossing the ball onto their centre backs head instead of low hard crosses and one two's. Exeters right winger was overweight but he got the ball 3-4 times and looked more dangerous on his own than we did all game.
    Hope I'm wrong but relegation
    I've thought the same about luck. Those 3 or 4 months at the start of last season, absolutely everything went our way. We'd play pretty averagely and win 2-0. Remember when we played Lincoln at home? They looked by far the better team until we got lucky with a red card. We went on to win 4-1. Apart from the playoffs, in which we were ridiculously unlucky, things seemed to go for us pretty much all season. Even the last game against Luton was bizarre. They battered us and it somehow finished 0-0.

This season has been the complete opposite. Nothing seems to fall for us. We could play brilliantly and still not win. In fact, in what I think were our 3 best performances this season - Bury at home, MKD away, and Stags at home - we've only managed to pick up 4 points and score 3 goals.

You do make your own luck, of course. And we absolutely deserve to be bottom of the football league.

We'll end 3rd or 4th from bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We'll end 3rd or 4th from bottom
    Nobody in the bottom 3 is getting 4th from bottom no chance we are 9 points behind Port Vale with our GD !

We will go down I would say Yeovil too but this change might just get them over the line.

We could be down by the end of the week yet if these bills arent paid.

We were relegated many months ago.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast