+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glove and fist pumping.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s interesting to know where posters reside.

Like when people throw up their arms when people moan about immigrants because they’re living cheek by jowl with them like I was when the Romanians were dumped in huge numbers in Lye when they themselves ( like a cousin of mine ) live in leafy outskirts of Durham where it’s pretty much a non issue.

I moved five miles into rural Worcestershire but not everyone is fortunate to have the chance to do that.
    As you know Mick, I live in London. Which has probably more European immigration than any other city in the UK combined...

I lived next door to a French couple in my previous home, Now I have some German and Dutch families who live in the next couple of houses as me. I work with plenty of Europeans, from all nationalities.

Yet the majority of people I know down here voted to remain...How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    As you know Mick, I live in London. Which has probably more European immigration than any other city in the UK combined...

I lived next door to a French couple in my previous home, Now I have some German and Dutch families who live in the next couple of houses as me. I work with plenty of Europeans, from all nationalities.

Yet the majority of people I know down here voted to remain...How does that work?
    Presumably people who are living in and around a mixed nationality community are better placed to decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

As European citizens living in the Uk did not get a vote I can only assume that the UK nationals who did vote, didn’t like this multi national community that they live in and voted for us to get out so maybe their community was more one nation rather than multi nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Presumably people who are living in and around a mixed nationality community are better placed to decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

As European citizens living in the Uk did not get a vote I can only assume that the UK nationals who did vote, didn’t like this multi national community that they live in and voted for us to get out so maybe their community was more one nation rather than multi nationality?
    Maybe you're right,

But the majority of the north, Wales and many rural areas voted to Leave...some of those areas don't have immigration like they do in major cities. Manchester, Liverpool, London all voted to remain.

Powys, Shropshire and Suffolk for example voted to Leave. They are rural communities, which typically aren't overrun with EU nationals.

It probably has more to do with lack of integration than anything...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)