+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiya folks....

Great to hear from you lad. Keep yer pecker up.

Really great to hear from you T_Bird

Keep fighting mate

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    Hiya mate..... good to see some names are still floating around

I've done the usual chemo & radiation sessions etc etc... time is ticking by but it appears that I might outlive the 12 month life expectancy I was given at the beginning of the year.... it has unfortunately spread & there is no cure for this type of cancer (mesothelioma) & death is the only outcome & it's not "if", it's "when". The year's been hectic but I still managed to get to Perth & Sydney with my sons for their "once-in-their-life" trip to see their old man's beloved Leeds live albeit pre-season games..... it was well worth dying for, literally The year's flown & I've been spending time with my sons, grandchildren, family and close friends & of course hoping Bamford will start putting them away for fun before I bugger off . I thought I'd come back on here & see what's happening
    Hiya t_bird, great to see you posting again, and to see that you're aiming to "beat the docs" with their prognosis, well done!

Great to hear from you.
    Love your positivity too - funny thing was last month I got our truck stuck on our local beach and yep it was time for the shovel,traction mat and strategic placement of drift wood to eventually ease 'her' out of the wet sand.
    Graft or what .............. but during that scenario I though about you and the picture you posted on 'ere about your off- roading exploits.

My graft,pain,worry paled into insignificance that day mate - you are a true inspiration in many ways.
    Love & respect to your and your family.
    Gill Xx

Massive respect pal.

Keep Posting mate - always great to hear from someone with your positivity
    Respect.

Fantastic to hear from you Sweetie.

You must keep popping in to let us all know you're doing ok.

Believe it or not we have missed you and yes I think you're right about Leeds trying to give us all heart attacks.

Keep fighting and remember we are all with you MOT

Hi t_bird. Great to hear from you. Received message, thank you! Best wishes and regards. Andy.

Thanks for all your comments & support - really appreciate it & it's nice to see the same old names popping up There're hopefully a few more months of living to do & I intend to make the most of it. Now, if only Bamford and Leeds could do their bit & make it less stressful for me in the upcoming months, I'd really appreciate it

Brilliant news you have cheered up a depressing miserable Monday morning for me. I would have replied earlier but I had a search team to stand down, they wont be getting paid as they didn't find you. Bamford even scored on Saturday he must have had early notice of your post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)