+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Until you mentioned the date of the final, I hadn't really given it any thought, but now there's the chance that we might just be at Wembley on consecutive weekends! I think Fylde did the same last season, losing the big one but winning the consolation prize.
    Look how thats turned out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Look how thats turned out for them.
    Winning it is becoming a curse, other winners in the last decade include Darlington and North Ferriby, who both went out of business soon afterwards, York City (twice) who got relegated to tier 6 and Wrexham who are now struggling at this level after years of trying to get out.

Tickets are about £25 per person. If there are 40k fans there that's around a million pounds in gate revenue.

Take away the FA's cut and split the rest equally between four teams (the FA Vase final is played there as well) even though the Vase teams probably get less, it still works out at a couple of hundred grand.

Not bad considering that if the draw is kind we could get there by beating the winner of Aveley v Chelmsford / Concord v Leamington etc!

We are ball number 8 in the quarter final draw which is live on Talksport2 at 1pm tomorrow:

1 Royston Town
    2 Concord Rangers
    3 Harrogate Town
    4 Halesowen Town
    5 Barnet
    6 AFC Fylde
    7 Aveley
    8 Notts County

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Tickets are about £25 per person. If there are 40k fans there that's around a million pounds in gate revenue.

Take away the FA's cut and split the rest equally between four teams (the FA Vase final is played there as well) even though the Vase teams probably get less, it still works out at a couple of hundred grand.

Not bad considering that if the draw is kind we could get there by beating the winner of Aveley v Chelmsford / Concord v Leamington etc!
    Looking at the other teams involved, It’s massively optimistic to think there’d be 40,000 there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Looking at the other teams involved, It’s massively optimistic to think there’d be 40,000 there.
    Look at the attendances since 2016 when they started having the Trophy and Vase finals on the same day, you'd be surprised!

Not sure is this has been mentioned before, but I've only just realised that the semi-final is a 2 leg affair and both legs take place on consecutive Saturdays, so that will be two further postponement if Notts progress beyond the QF. Presumably we'd play an outstanding league fixture or two inbetween mid-week and/or straight afterwards and not go 3 weeks without a league game.

We are ball number 8 in the quarter final draw which is live on Talksport2 at 1pm tomorrow:

1 Royston Town
    2 Concord Rangers
    3 Harrogate Town
    4 Halesowen Town
    5 Barnet
    6 AFC Fylde
    7 Aveley
    8 Notts County
    Do you fear anyone from that list Elite? I would not know many of those teams if I'm honest

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Do you fear anyone from that list Elite? I would not know many of those teams if I'm honest
    Harrogate are the only team above us, but we won up at their place in August. Barnet are probably the team I wouldn't want because they beat us at home early season and would go above us in the table if they won their games in hand. They also beat Barrow 3-0 yesterday. A home draw against either of the level 8 teams (Aveley and Halesowen) would be ideal.

Harrogate are the only team above us, but we won up at their place in August. Barnet are probably the team I wouldn't want because they beat us at home early season and would go above us in the table if they won their games in hand. A home draw against either of the level 8 teams (Aveley and Halesowen) would be ideal.
    Cool cheers for that man

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast