+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another pointless thread really- marooned in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's interesting that you mention that Dave, because I have one (pregnant) daughter in Gran Canaria with Jet2 and after much worry it seems they will fly them home on Tuesday at no extra cost. Another daughter is currently on a city break in Wroclaw and has been told by Ryanair that her return flight on Monday has been cancelled. Their email says she can claim her £19.99 fare as a full refund, but after hours of trying, she can't contact them as to how she gets home. It looks like her best option at the moment is to get a coach to Berlin (6 hour journey) and a much more expensive flight home from there. I know others will pay a much higher price, so as long as she gets home safe and sound she will probably be one of the lucky ones..
    I was in a same situation a few years back offered a refund but I got an alternative flight instead paid for by the airline. Check out the link as a refund is not the only option.
    https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Res...-cancellations

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I was in a same situation a few years back offered a refund but I got an alternative flight instead paid for by the airline. Check out the link as a refund is not the only option.
    https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Res...-cancellations
    Thanks for that, I've passed it on to her. Good job we are still under EU law!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thanks for that, I've passed it on to her. Good job we are still under EU law!
    Good luck as you are talking about Ryanair and they will try everything and anything to pay the least, but if she stands her ground, then hopefully she can get back without paying extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Good luck as you are talking about Ryanair and they will try everything and anything to pay the least, but if she stands her ground, then hopefully she can get back without paying extra.
    Well, her and her partner have finally managed to book on a KLM flight from Wroclaw to Birmingham tomorrow. They have paid £315 each for a one way flight, whereas the original Ryanair flight they had booked cost £29.99 each! Who would have thought an airline would grab the opportunity to profiteer from human misery? My wife was in panic mode so I told them to book it, and if they don't get any compensation from Ryanair or their insurance company we will pay for the flights. Unsurprisingly, the response they have had from Ryanair is beyond pathetic. They had an email on Saturday morning informing them their flight had been cancelled, and an option of a full refund or a re-route. They immediately opted for the re-route, but have heard absolutely nothing since. They have literally spent hours on the phone trying to contact them, but after waiting for 60 minutes they get disconnected. All emails remain unanswered. They are young and well traveled so will cope and put it down to experience, but they met an elderly English couple in the deserted streets who were booked on the same flight home and just didn't know what to do, as they are not internet savvy. The lady was in tears, and my daughter is doing what she can to try and help them, but the travel companies appear to be doing next to nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12