+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Vinter68 View Post
    Rawlinson and Lacey are a must for me - if possible. They’ve been the best centre back pairing we’ve had for years I reckon.
    Well we have conceded the least goals in the division this season so I can only agree!

Bakayogo, Enzio, Wootton and Roberts are the four with contracts beyond the end of June this year.

We also have Culverwell, Betts and Kennedy Williams on development contracts and Jake Kean registered to play but on a coaching contract.

One anomaly is Nathan Tyson as I can't find any contract info for him so if anyone else knows that would be great.

I have just updated the season squad page with contract info here https://www.nottscountystats.com/squad

I had completely forgotten we started the season with Kane Hemmings!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Bakayogo, Enzio, Wootton and Roberts are the four with contracts beyond the end of June this year.

We also have Culverwell, Betts and Kennedy Williams on development contracts and Jake Kean registered to play but on a coaching contract.

One anomaly is Nathan Tyson as I can't find any contract info for him so if anyone else knows that would be great.

I have just updated the season squad page with contract info here https://www.nottscountystats.com/squad

According to a report in the Chesterfield local media “The Star” on 14th April Nathan Tyson’s loan was due to finish in May and his contract expire with Notts in June. I’d presumed he had been signed on a one year deal.

I don’t know how to post a link but you should be able to find the article online.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    According to a report in the Chesterfield local media “The Star” on 14th April Nathan Tyson’s loan was due to finish in May and his contract expire with Notts in June. I’d presumed he had been signed on a one year deal.

I don’t know how to post a link but you should be able to find the article online.
    Thanks for that

Yes how bizarre! Thanks for your site its great.

However your form table is not correct as you have included FA Trophy games not just league games.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 15-05-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Yes how bizarre! Thanks for your site its great.

However your form table is not correct as you have included FA Trophy games not just league games.
    Thanks. Definitely just league games in the form table.

Think in one of his interviews on magpie player Ben Turner said one of the reasons he signed for us was that Mansfield only offered him a one year deal but we offered two years

Thanks. Definitely just league games in the form table.
    Turner also said he knew NA from his cardiff days which was a reason also. We need Turner he has huge experience at a much higher level and was unlucky to be injured in training but I feel sure he would be in our first 11. For me he should capt the side next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Turner also said he knew NA from his cardiff days which was a reason also. We need Turner he has huge experience at a much higher level and was unlucky to be injured in training but I feel sure he would be in our first 11. For me he should capt the side next season.
    Yeah Turner was immense before his injuries kept him out. Probably the best defender in the conference when fit and pace was never his game. It's also exciting to think that Booty was still to come back after looking positive early doors. We never saw him play with Roberts for example.

I'd keep the majority of the side together. We need a new left back and to release Rose in midfield. I'd also get rid of Thomas and Tyson and get somebody younger in up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    After many years of crying out for a proper central defender it's one of the areas of the squad that Neal Ardley got spot on last season in my opinion. He brought in not only one traditional central defender in Ben Turner but also Connell Rawlinson and Sam Graham on loan from Sheff United who got injured and had to return. He then got another gem in November by bringing Alex Lacey in. All of those three have been key and instrumental in making us strong at the back.

I hope we offer all three new contracts as they deserve it. Plus these players and the club have unfinished business in our quest to get back to the football league.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 16-05-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast