+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Micky Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy87 View Post
    It cant be underestimated how much of Big Tony's due diligence has paid off already, long may it continue. WASC
    Very good point that i meant to post earlier regarding Tony,when you consider the pressure he must have been under from the USA and from his own fans regarding Malky he in my opinion pulled a rabbit oot the hat from absolutely nowhere.
    I was very unsure about Tony and to be fair Micky as well but by phuck they have finally managed to unite this club for the first time in many a year and are worth every single penny they earn,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Very good point that i meant to post earlier regarding Tony,when you consider the pressure he must have been under from the USA and from his own fans regarding Malky he in my opinion pulled a rabbit oot the hat from absolutely nowhere.
    I was very unsure about Tony and to be fair Micky as well but by phuck they have finally managed to unite this club for the first time in many a year and are worth every single penny they earn,FACT.
    Malky who?? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Malky who?? 😂
    I think Malky may well have grabbed the chance but glad we have Mellon who sees us (rightly) as a big club in context of Scottish football.
    Robbie obviously didn't and if he wasn't committed then this maybe rubbed off on players.
    Steve MacLaren may well have had his eye on using Utd to get to a bigger club and I am happy we didnt need to find out.

I stayed out of the debate about Malky Mckay's racist comments. I'm just glad we got Micky. The media circus and all the flack that would have followed McKay's appointment would have been an unwelcome distraction.

As much as MM has already shown a big impact at the club, i am still on the side of caution. We are still in his Honeymoon period. Yes, he is tactically good so far and his attitude is nice change compared to other managers but we have all seen managers come in and look like PEP then slowly change so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Having said that it is great to see a manager embrace everything about the club. A real passion, Desire to succeed not just for himself but for the club. I can see why Tranmere fans loved him so much. long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    As much as MM has already shown a big impact at the club, i am still on the side of caution. We are still in his Honeymoon period. Yes, he is tactically good so far and his attitude is nice change compared to other managers but we have all seen managers come in and look like PEP then slowly change so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Having said that it is great to see a manager embrace everything about the club. A real passion, Desire to succeed not just for himself but for the club. I can see why Tranmere fans loved him so much. long may it continue.
    He never got a honeymoon period though,when he arrived we were due in court,his NO2 would not come with him,the senior coaching staff here wanted to leave,did not know what division we were in and could not sign any players for a potential transition from the Championship to the Premiership.
    A honeymoon period it was not he started the campaign with a weaker side than Neilson had before lockdown in March and we were awful at that time to boot.I doubt in the history of the Premier league from 75/76 has a manager started a season after promotion with so few new players added to the squad yet he has still managed 7 points from 12 and won away against last season's 3rd best team in Scotland.
    Its no exaggeration to say if Tony had made the wrong choice we could have been joint bottom today with no points from 4 games.

I get that point And i totally agree with the upheavel we've had this summer.

What i mean is, everything seems to be coming off just now for him. The setup, the rotations, the giving youth a chance. yeah the positive feeling he brings is brilliant cant lie but if we go on a bad run and are near the bottom people will naturally start to question some of the stuff that so far he has done well in.

Remember everyone loved the way RN talked when he first came in. he had some good early results with the players he had. It happens to all managers. MM has done really well so far but lets not get ahead of ourselves and expect too much.

In MMs favour, he has come in to a Club with a support who currently have appropriate expectations for what can be currently achieved. For example, we may be currently joint third but I’m still looking at how many points clear of the bottom we are rather than how far off top. Closed door games are possibly helping also as let’s face it you could imagine some of the crowd reactions to the two games at Tannadice so far at times.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    I get that point And i totally agree with the upheavel we've had this summer.

What i mean is, everything seems to be coming off just now for him. The setup, the rotations, the giving youth a chance. yeah the positive feeling he brings is brilliant cant lie but if we go on a bad run and are near the bottom people will naturally start to question some of the stuff that so far he has done well in.

Remember everyone loved the way RN talked when he first came in. he had some good early results with the players he had. It happens to all managers. MM has done really well so far but lets not get ahead of ourselves and expect too much.
    Fair points made by both of us i reckon mate but with his depleted squad and untried youngsters i was praying for survival whereas he is rolling up at Fir Park and the highlands saying,"We are Dundee United and are looking for the 3 points today."
    One thing we cannot answer is with the same players how many points would we have under Neilson this morning?,i will hazard a guess though,1 point from 12 after the draw with ST Johnstone followed by 3 defeats.

Mickey seems to be working hard to put himself in a position to be lucky, and no talk of bottom on here please

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)