+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finances of all clubs

We are benefitting from some long term decision Stewart made going back to the 2018/19 season. He didnt bust the bank chasing Championship survival.

At the same time he came to terms with sticking by a manager and could see the long term benefits. We got off the hire fire merry go round and endless loanees of previous regimes.

It was an acceptance of what we are; top half L1 / bottom of the Championship.
    This, without question, stabilised our management and playing staff and development processes and therefore our finances.

Its times like this when being a small club is not as big a disadvantage as usual. According to Yorkie Post our gate money is in the region of £7m with big clubs around £30m.

Now doing some rough calculations with my CSE maths it works out that some big clubs are going to be up sh1t creek without the required paddle IMHO

Some clubs have charged for season tickets, but then they get a promo code for i-follow so fans are actually using that season ticket money to view i-follow. Other clubs taking the season ticket money now, I presume, will use it next season if fans aren't back this season which would mean those clubs getting the season ticket money now and not next year, where as we will get that income next season instead. There's no right or wrong model, each club will do what they think is best.

If a club is Selling season tickets now knowing full well it might have to refund part of them later on then this could assist its cash flow in troubled times.
    Let's say a club sells season tickets in September 2020 then it won't know if it has to refund any or how much until next April or so. It could then postpone refunds until say May / June by making lots of statements etc by which time it's the time of year that it could sell season tickets for the 21/22 season. It is kicking the can down the road a bit but some money coming in is better than none which could be the difference between some clubs surviving and some not
    There might be a reduction on the cost of the 21/22 tickets to offset the games that fans couldn't attend this season but nevertheless every little helps during the current climate.

If Tony asked me to buy tickets now for the second half of this season then I would do so to help the clubs current costs and cash flow.
    If we couldn't attend any games this season but they then offered me discounts on future seasons that would be fine too.

Not all fans could do this but if some of us can help Tony then I would certainly do it
    Last edited by flourbasher; 26-09-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Isn’t it good to have a sensible discussion. You see it is possible on MM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12