+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Killing Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    That would be a terrible result MA: we score so few goals, to waste 1 in a defeat would be criminal
    I'd hoped a start would help the team to get used to them.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? Never been known with music. There’ll be a lot of them about on Christmas Day...though God knows why...all prepared beforehand!

‘Swans and their partners they stay
    Faithful for ever or die on the water’...hopefully it’ll be wet at PP tomorrow evening.
    Very cryptic indeed rA. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You got me on that one
    The swans should be aware of foxes hiding? Green vegetables in self assembly housing units prevail

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The swans should be aware of foxes hiding? Green vegetables in self assembly housing units prevail
    Indeed.

Indeed.
    EU veg at that

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    EU veg at that
    Aye...doubt Ram59 will have any on his Christmas Day plate...mind you, neither will I.

Aye...doubt Ram59 will have any on his Christmas Day plate...mind you, neither will I.
    Each to their own. We're a family of sprout lovers. They're at their best if they've had a frost on them prior to being picked.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Each to their own. We're a family of sprout lovers. They're at their best if they've had a frost on them prior to being picked.
    Each to their own indeed, MA. Personally I never trust a vegetable that has to be cooked with bacon to make it palatable.

"Dutch cuisine" is well known for its "stamppot" dishes. It's basically mashed potato with vegetables mashed in with some added herbs. Served with a meat ball or suasage and gravy. Here are some examples.

Boerenkool (Kale in English). Potato/kale in a weight ratio of 2:1. Use a large pan. Boil spuds and veg for 20 mins along with a gravy cube or 2. Fry diced onion and bacon. Mash spuds and veg. Add in a mix of fresh or dried herbs (Basil, Chives, Garlic ginger, oregano, rosemary, thyme and sage having ground them with a mortar and pessel). Add in 150 gm of butter. Add in the onion and bacon. If it's still not creamy enough, add some warm milk and stir it in. Serve with a meat ball or sausage.

Same idea with onion and carrot (known as hutspot). Herbs - thyme, parsley sage, garlic, bay leaf and nutmeg. Serve with brisket or meat ball or sausage.

Same idea with sprouts. I also add in 150gm of grated mature cheese. Herbs - Basil chives thyme and parsley. Onion and bacon are optional extras.

You can use any veg you like. Simply look up the herbs that go best with the chosen veg or vegetable mix (sprouts, pumpkin and red onion is a fvaourite of mine) and away you go. Use your imagination adding cheese or not....... it's healthy, simple and quick.

Well now I've seen it all, Ready Steady Cook on footymad! We are diversified. More curious coming from a country with even less of a foodie heritage than even England

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)