+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 at clubs

Personally I think we all might have COVID at some point.

A total of 112 individuals were positive out of the 3,507 players and club staff tested this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55591017

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Personally I think we all might have COVID at some point.

A total of 112 individuals were positive out of the 3,507 players and club staff tested this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55591017
    At one in every 31 that is a lot higher than the national average and about the same as for London as a whole. Very worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    At one in every 31 that is a lot higher than the national average and about the same as for London as a whole. Very worrying
    What’s worrying is the clowns at EFL and other establishments that don’t think there’s a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Oddly enough Ive just had a chat with a mate on scientific analysis (earlier today before this thread came up). I was interested in how Eng Cricket is using it for team selection (bits around the moneyball theory). He explained the general principals as he understood it. Im doing my research to batter Brindilar later - lol.

As I understand it a key part of analysis is data collection and criteria. I think the implication being we need to compare the same data collection and criteria. Stats taken for footballers may be completely different to how its taken for the wider community. It may give a totally false comparison.

Not claiming to be an expert btw; just my thoughts and adding to the message board debate.

Northern Prem league, Southern league and Isthmian league recommend 2020/2021 season is terminated and declared null and void

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Northern Prem league, Southern league and Isthmian league recommend 2020/2021 season is terminated and declared null and void
    Wow. We are in a worse position now to when leagues clised down last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Wow. We are in a worse position now to when leagues clised down last year.
    But at the current moment would be safe from relegation in the unlikely event that promotion and relegation were decided with less than half the season completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Villa are playing their academy players against Liverpool tonight.
    If it goes ahead it will be a mirror image of the 2019 EFL Quarter-final

So 66 clubs tested. 112 positives. Of which a third (37) are at 3 clubs. That means 1.1 per club at the remaining 63 clubs.

EFL say it show protocols are working well. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    So 66 clubs tested. 112 positives. Of which a third (37) are at 3 clubs. That means 1.1 per club at the remaining 63 clubs.

EFL say it show protocols are working well. What do you think?
    I think it means EFL players can't afford to party as much as Premiership players

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast