+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming soon.. A black Anne Boleyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I'm aware of his heritage. It was a joke based on what he looks like as opposed to his 'makeup'.

Ties with the head in the basket, which you wouldn't be able to see. The joke was in the basket waiting to be found.

Having to explain it means I have to work on my punchlines. Oh well, black to the drawing board I suppose.....
    To be honest 68 I’m not prepared to have to work that hard to find the subliminal hidden joke but congratulations on such an oblique piece😏😎

P

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    To be honest 68 I’m not prepared to have to work that hard to find the subliminal hidden joke but congratulations on such an oblique piece😏😎
    I do love some of your replies Mick

Great performance by BK, interesting how he looked less n less Indian the older he got, good speech and look at the people he was nominated against

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3ezKDyats

As for the black Anne Boleyn doesn’t bother me at all, especially if it is due to a fabulous actress giving a fantastic performance that doesn’t detract from the story the play is saying, and wouldn’t be upset if there were white guys playing non white roles (Michale Bates in it ain’t half hot mum, Peter Sellers in the Party and I am sure there are loads more)
    I also don’t get offended if someone darkens / lightens their skin to increase their likeness and actually think it’s stupid to suggest that alone is racist
    For example David Baddiel darkening his skin a bit to look more like Jason Lee is okay by me as there was no racial stereotypes that I can remember played to it was just to make the impression more recognisable
    But blacking/whitening up to push stereotypes is out of order for me, but non white people seem to have the right to do this without criticism which to me seems unfair too

Also I think a troop of white slaves picking cotton may be hijacked and detract completely from whatever story was being told

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)