+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. York City 07.08.21 [PSF]

Not a bad half. A bit slow and ponderous at times but we clearly have a few more gears to go through....I hope we find them!

Still far too easy to get at defensively. At least 5 decent crosses have been allowed to be sent in unchallenged. A bit soft In the middle too. Not convinced our weaknesses from last year have been cured yet.

Mitchell looks like he’s got something, obviously still a bit rusty.

Taylor has the looks of someone who may become the new ‘boo boy’.

We may well have got promoted last year had we had Roberts all season.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post

DKE (for Laddo) does not do enough going forward to be a wing back in this team. Looking forward to seeing Nemane - who I presume will be the preferred starter.
    DKE looks better going forward than Taylor based on the first half performance

KC's half time thoughts:

Notts 2 York 1

Mitchell is a breath of fresh air. He looks like a better version of Sam. Holding the ball up well and getting into great positions. Looks great considering he's not fully fit.

Cal is a danger every time he gets the ball.

Jury is out on Taylor. Despite the flukey goal his end product is dubious and he looks like he's playing at half pace.

Brindley and Chicksen worry me at the back. Lacey can't come back soon enough. Wouldn't be against another defender coming in.

Palmer not as influential today, but he and Francis should be more than enough for our league.

DKE (for Laddo) does not do enough going forward to be a wing back in this team. Looking forward to seeing Nemane - who I presume will be the preferred starter.
    Spot on so far...

I think our defensive shakiness is down to the way we’re playing rather than the personnel fwiw. Even for the centre backs, so much emphasis seems to be on getting forward and what they’re doing with the ball, think we’re just going to have to accept we’re going to be a free scoring but probably quite high conceding team.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Not a bad half. A bit slow and ponderous at times but we clearly have a few more gears to go through....I hope we find them!

Still far too easy to get at defensively. At least 5 decent crosses have been allowed to be sent in unchallenged. A bit soft In the middle too. Not convinced our weaknesses from last year have been cured yet.

Mitchell looks like he’s got something, obviously still a bit rusty.

Taylor has the looks of someone who may become the new ‘boo boy’.

We may well have got promoted last year had we had Roberts all season.
    I know what you mean about our weaknesses. I don't really understand Burchball yet or how we will deal with the teams who pack the midfield. We need to stop those crosses too.

2-2 really poor defending.

2-2 really poor defending.
    poo I see Jake Reeves has scored on his debut for Stevenage

I don’t give two hoots what Jakeconstantlybackpassing Reeves is doing. The reliance on him cost us points last season. Stevenage are welcome to him.

Not a dig at you btw Irish…

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Not a dig at you btw Irish…
    ha ha no problem dude, just something i saw and posted, I cant see him being a big miss myself

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast