+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying back Dens----an option

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Club won't even entertain the idea of the fans buying Dens back, they don't want it and the current owners never will whether the pipe dream of Campy ever materialises or not. If you don't get the club onside from day one they will vehemently oppose anything you propose.

You'd have to sit down with the club first and get their agreement in principle to the buy back.

Next you'd have to do the same meeting with Mr. Bennett, possibly need to involve the club in that one too. No good planning a buy out if you don't know for certain the place will be available and that the owner would be happy to sell to you.

I actually think that even if you could strike a deal with Mr. Bennett the club would move from Dens rather than rent from the fans. This would ultimately mean either forcing their hand on Campy or them asking to share Tannadice. Or of course they might insist on rent free occupation because the cash raised would, in their minds, have otherwise gone direct to them for day to day running of the club. Absolutely guarantee they'd want a deal on maintenance costs too.

If the fans owned Dens a group would need to be formed to manage the place, that group would probably want to install a Stadium Manager (I certainly would) and the club may not like that, they would want someone they could control.

In short - forget it, it's been tried and the barriers will go up from the very first mention of it..
    The fans are the club, honestly feel that a lot of fans are ignoring a reasonable possibility of moving to tannadice........I think things may develop very quickly once the final nail is in campys coffin.

It suits dab owner, it would suit our owner, dab fans wouldn't bother, only folk that would be upset is our support......so

Thank goodness Linda Blair always listens to the fans.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The fans are the club, honestly feel that a lot of fans are ignoring a reasonable possibility of moving to tannadice........I think things may develop very quickly once the final nail is in campys coffin.
    It's Linda's toy now. We're unimportant.

Who is Linda Blair?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Who is Linda Blair?
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  78.2 KB

Who is Linda Blair?
    My wee "joke" about Nelms.....long story.

I was told it irritates him a smidgen.....by someone who knows.

It's the evil Tory ******* in me.😁

Why don't the supporters groups and the foundation get together about this and force a meeting? Our owners have backed the club but it's important we get more dialogue about the future ground arrangements. Groundshare wud only happen at a new facility, even nelms ain't that daft to bin dens and go to the 5 stand gaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The final nail in Campys coffin might be caused by a re-examination of the original plan. There could be a new approach to the site that makes money for our owners and as you say it might encourage a complete rethink. I wonder if ground sharing is less likely than DFC finding new owners.

The final nail in Campys coffin might be caused by a re-examination of the original plan. There could be a new approach to the site that makes money for our owners and as you say it might encourage a complete rethink. I wonder if ground sharing is less likely than DFC finding new owners.
    Much easier to find a new owner with a long term tenancy at tannadice.

I could be wrong here but if they made money out of campy without a stadium why would they put any into DFC.....or improvements to Dens?.....It's a completely seperate buisness.....isn't it?

I don't think there's that much of an emotional pull between the Americans and DFC......if they left us in spl and at tannadice they could easily claim we are in a better position than when they came in.

Why......one of the greatest small words in the English language......Dee fans should be using it a lot more......imho.

To me Nelms pops his head above the parapit once a year around March to make a half hearted push for season tics.....it's not good enough......communication with the fans is almost non existent.

It's only a dog track, it's only the open bit of the Derry, it's only a staircase, it's only a ****ing hose, it's only a wall to block exit, it's only graffiti, it's only railings (improvement jesus), it's only a puddle, it's only queuing 3 times,......all sorted by a new stadium......if only.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)