+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youngsters

We have no one like Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Football is all abiut the stats, yes?

https://thisisfutbol.com/2022/01/blo...arcelo-bielsa/
    Where's the stats, all i see are comments from some random internet warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dont know where all this crap about Llorrente being rubbish is coming from tbh, Wont be in next week so lets see how we do with Koch and Heild aain the center of defence assuming no others available? Thought defence in general where ok today - only conceded a none goal and a n injury time breakaway when we had everyone forward.
    No one saying he is crap just today's game he was.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    No one saying he is crap just today's game he was.
    Thought he did okay - best passing movements tended to go through him and he made a lot of interventions.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Where's the stats, all i see are comments from some random internet warriors?
    "The stats don’t read any better for the central defender either. He won none of his ground duels all game and failed to make a single tackle in the 90 minutes.

He also managed to lose possession nine times in the game, compounding what was a poor game for the Spaniard."

Extract from here;

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/leeds-united/34

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "The stats don’t read any better for the central defender either. He won none of his ground duels all game and failed to make a single tackle in the 90 minutes.

He also managed to lose possession nine times in the game, compounding what was a poor game for the Spaniard."

Extract from here;

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/leeds-united/34
    Given the control West Ham had of the game (I think we edged possession just but to little effect for most of the game) think he did okay and noticable how much better we looked when we had more first team players on later and with Koch at the back and Foreshaw in midfield (not a criticism of Hejlde but more to show what a difference have a qualify midfielder makes.

In terms of talent wonder where Cooper sits in the pecking order now although think he or Struijk would have been best suited to deal with Antonio.

Thought Hejlde did pretty well, maybe he could convert to a DM/CM role, as looked steady both in the air & on the floor.
    We havnt got much else

watched the game on a rather dodgy buffering link but still saw most of the game. Thought we played pretty well. They definitely came to play as did we.

I think it's important to note that Antonio was very good and a handful. He's not just a pure striker but will set up his teammates. Bowen is also very good as seems to get better and better. With that being said I thought that Hejle and Bate did well.

I did not think we were any better the second half than the first and the first half was heavy on the youngsters.

Meslier is a very good keep. One of the best in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Doesn't it bother you like you said the kid did brilliantly like Creswell and he took him off while Llorente who was poor stayed on? For me sends the wrong message. The big guns coming in didn't do any better than our first half so surely some message might get into MBS head.
    Llorente can't play in the League game as he accrued 5 yellow cards, so might as well play him for the full 90. Hjelde might have to play in the league game. So I can understand bielsa's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Not as fast as some would like but imo I think we have some great prospects up and coming and at the right speed and easing in. I have high hopes for Hjelde, Celtic fans were pissed when we scooped him. Drameh, Summerville and Greenwood if coached correctly physically and mentally should all shine when there time comes, I think sooner then later. I remember Phillips getting called for passing sideways all the time, its just nerves and not wanting to fnck up.
    I believe Drameh is going to Cardiff on loan, to get more playing time. Not sure, but that's the latest scoop.. Apparently, Swansea wanted him first but I am not sure relations between Leeds and Swansea are that friendly after the James debacle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)