+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weghout

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    Paul Merson, who of course knows his football, was very impressed with Weghorst
    Well... He did get the Man of the Match so someone liked him.

Ian Wright is impressed too, he said Prem defences will be afearing him (but not in those exact words).https://www.premierleague.com/video/...AYLIST=1644441
    Last edited by kritichris; 09-02-2022 at 10:38 PM.

For me WW is the main reason we have a chance of staying up. A catalyst if you will. Essentially swapping CW for WW whilst trousering £10m +. What a wery wery good piece of business.

The boy can play ,make no mistake about it. He’s already showed that in more than one game.Get the ball to him, and let’s hope he steers clear of injury. We’ll have every chance of climbing the table.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    The boy can play ,make no mistake about it. He’s already showed that in more than one game.Get the ball to him, and let’s hope he steers clear of injury. We’ll have every chance of climbing the table.
    He's certainly galvanised the team, but what's happened to Cornet?

Cornet is not a striker. Yes he had been the one scoring goals for us, but no striker. Let him get back to his familiar left wing position and I think he'll be back looking his best in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Cornet is not a striker. Yes he had been the one scoring goals for us, but no striker. Let him get back to his familiar left wing position and I think he'll be back looking his best in no time.
    I'd play him as a Number 10 with licence to roam Will, his movement and pace makes him a joy to behold.

But we're asking a left back/wing to play in the best league in the world just on his instinct. No real previous training (I assume), and no great attacking Burnley coach to reschool him. Our do we have one of those??
    To me it is a crazy ask in a time of few other options... but now I think we can see other options. For me... get him back on the left to improve his game there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)