+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham’s Best and Worst loan player

Quote Originally Posted by ScudTheMiller View Post
    Just watched the Europa League game between Rangers and Borussia Dortmund and the performance from James Tavanier was exceptional. His performances in a millers shirt were mostly a joy to watch. The game against Preston in the 2nd play off semi final at NYS was a pleasure to behold..he was unplayable at times. Another gem was Noah Dicko who’s memorable game against Wolves prompted them to manufacture a move for the in form striker. Worst loan singing.. there are too many to choose from so I’ll open that one up to floor.
    Alan Lee for me. Obviously he ended up being a permanent signing but we had him on loan originally. We knew he was going to become a great for us, never forget his first goal going in, magical.

Other shout outs not already mentioned, Tom Lawrence and Grant Leadbitter!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Eugen Bopp bopp Bopp? He wasn’t a loan was he?
    No he wasn’t on loan. He wasn’t signed by Ronnie either. I think it was Knill who signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Who was the lad from Liverpool that was touted as the next Michael Owen.

He scuffed a shot from the half way like and I never saw him again.

Morgan maybe?
    Adam Morgan, only made one appearance for us.

Worst Richard Landon on loan from Stockport…he made Stewart evans look like Ibrahimovic….

Best,well Alan lee you could say but I think he wasn’t at his best and raw in the loan bit of his spell I think he come into himself when permanent…Carl Robinson was good and Tom Lawrence was stand out class even at younger age…but I think I”d say Jody Morris it created such a buzz when he signed and his quality shone through and was a couple of classes above our level at the time

Jody Morris wasn’t actually on loan. He was released by Leeds and we took him on a short term contract.

Not counting players on loan who then signed for us permanent cause Frecks did & he was one of the best say since we've been at the NYS. I'm just looking at while we've been at our new home. Best Tavernier. Worst Jordan Slew just remember him not coming up to expectations there might have been worse. Miles Addison same.

For me frecks and tavernier by miles

There was a lot of hype surrounding the Matt Tubbs loan but he was a big disappointment

There was a keeper in the 70s can't remember his name ?Watling on loan from Hartlepool. Saw him try to play at Grimsby.

Forgot Frecks was on loan first, yes him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast