+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IB in the running for the Lincoln job

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Ironic that our last manager who is not good enough for this league is doing better than us on a worse budget. Is it perhaps that the manager does better when they have an input into who is brought in to suit their style?
    Agree totally, we went backwards when appointing IB, we are no better off now than we were last year. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs (good (hopefully) or bad) the board need to re-think the whole strategy at the end of the season, what worries me is if this form continues into next season, I fear things could deteriorate rapidly.

Interesting that Lincoln’s first choice, Stephen Bradley, is young and plays the same type of football at Shamrock Rovers as Burchnall does at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianNotts View Post
    Interesting that Lincoln’s first choice, Stephen Bradley, is young and plays the same type of football at Shamrock Rovers as Burchnall does at Notts.
    Genuine question for fun and interest it will be interesting to hear thoughts, If Pep Guardiola was in charge instead of IB with exactly the same players through this season do you think he could have implemented the playing ethos any better or more successfully with the available resources?

My own opinion is no because of the limitations of the players at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Agree totally, we went backwards when appointing IB, we are no better off now than we were last year. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs (good (hopefully) or bad) the board need to re-think the whole strategy at the end of the season, what worries me is if this form continues into next season, I fear things could deteriorate rapidly.
    Agreed they need to let the manager have an input to get the players that work for them, rather than the ones with best stats in a "Football Manager" style.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    How far is Solihull from Lincoln
    **wait for backlash**
    So that's who you want as the next Notts manager. Interesting

If IB is in charge next season and we are still in the NL as the majority expect will you bother attending games? Only recently you've strongly suggested you won't be interested in watching the same "Dross" next season
    If you won't then I wouldn't fear too much.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If IB is in charge next season and we are still in the NL as the majority expect will you bother attending games? Only recently you've strongly suggested you won't be interested in watching the same "Dross" next season
    Think you are missing the point. Perhaps the issue is that the manager needs players that suit their style rather than those that tick the right stats boxes. They Reetdz need to realise that stats alone dont make the best team, the manager needs an input as well to get the players who suit their style.

Well we are better off points wise, 6 more than last season after 42 games. IB isn’t being dictated by the owners, this is how he wants the team to play as he has said that many times. We are getting very good gates and especially taking into account the low away followings. It’s not all doom and gloom under IB.

Genuine question for fun and interest it will be interesting to hear thoughts, If Pep Guardiola was in charge instead of IB with exactly the same players through this season do you think he could have implemented the playing ethos any better or more successfully with the available resources?

My own opinion is no because of the limitations of the players at this level.
    Had this exact thought watching Man City exit the CL. All felt very familiar. I’d like to see IB for another season and see if he is a one trick pony or whether he will develop himself and Notts by addressing the (IMO) small but critical deficiencies of this squad (I’ve actually been more disappointed with Doyle’s contribution ). I’m afraid I don’t hold with those who seem to assume a replacement would be an guaranteed improvement (felt the same when ardley went).

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Love your baiting posts, again you try to feck up a thread

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast