+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2022/23?

I still dont think that we have the right blend of players to seriously challenge for the top spot. Our midfield is weak and we will lose out against the more physical teams in the league. This has been our athletes foot for a couple of seasons and we dont seem to be any nearer to resolving it.
    So on that basis i believe our progress has regressed, and we will probably finish 4th and lose out again in the playoffs.. The coaching / recruiting team need to take this on board, otherwise they may well be looking for new jobs at the end of the season...

I think it is very difficult to predict where we will finish this season, due to having a new coach, and three of the new signings having seen very few minutes on the pitch.
    I would be very disappointed if Mitchell is our go to man up front, and if LW wants Langstaff to play 'between the posts', presumably alongside Scott, it will mean we have gone almost the full pre season without playing our preferred formation.
    Maybe we will win the ball from the opposition more with an intense high press, thus gaining possession from misplaced passes rather than tackles, negating the need for this much desired midfield monster.
    To answer where will we finish, I am going to be ultra positive and say top, shoot for the moon, if you miss you will end up in the play offs 😊

Somewhere in the top 7.
    Other teams have made some very good signings.
    Following 5th place last season Notts really need to be in the top three.
    Wrexham should be champions.
    Solihull will be strong again as should Chessie.
    Daggers, Southend, Bromley, B Wood and maybe Halifax.
    Another tough season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Somewhere in the top 7.
    Other teams have made some very good signings.
    Following 5th place last season Notts really need to be in the top three.
    Wrexham should be champions.
    Solihull will be strong again as should Chessie.
    Daggers, Southend, Bromley, B Wood and maybe Halifax.
    Another tough season ahead.
    I think this is something quite a few people aren’t picking up on. If we thought last season was a tough league it’s only got tougher.

Southend are my dark horses, Maher is a very good manager and they’ve recruited really well. Expect a Noor Husin masterclass when they come to ML.

Dagenham and Solihull will threaten again and that’s without looking at Wrexham and Chessie.

The only solace I can take from pre-season so far is that LWs approach will be much more aggressive than the previous two managers.

Like ANAW I currently think top 7 but hope for of a top 3 finish.

Also I cant see the survey on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I still dont think that we have the right blend of players to seriously challenge for the top spot. Our midfield is weak and we will lose out against the more physical teams in the league. This has been our athletes foot for a couple of seasons and we dont seem to be any nearer to resolving it. ...
    Echo these thoughts and concerns although I'd call it our achilles' heel.

Saying that we have too much talent throughout the side not to finish Top 7.

With two weeks to go before the season starts, and with possible changes to the squad in the next month or so, it’s really too early to predict what’s going to happen. I think we’re probably good enough for a playoff spot again so I’ve gone for 4th as it’s roughly in the middle of the playoff zone.

I’d like to see this poll repeated in mid/late October and compare the outcome against this one.

6th

* Poor midfield
    * High press still causing us problems
    * Defensive frailties

* Should have enough fire power to blow away the weaker teams and have a good enough home record to make the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a carbon copy of last season actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    6th

* Poor midfield
    * High press still causing us problems
    * Defensive frailties

* Should have enough fire power to blow away the weaker teams and have a good enough home record to make the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a carbon copy of last season actually.
    I think both Southend and Dagenham will be the surprise teams to watch this season..

4th

5th again. Failure in playoffs again. I know there is a strategy but we need to recruit some proven players. And ditch tippy tappy.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast