+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go get Rob Edwards now

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of a manager being sacked and then restricted from working elsewhere, in football or in fact in any job.
    I agree CAM, but it could be that if a football manager resigns he cant then take another managerial job for a certain length of time. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    So a manager that has failed in the Championship with some of the best players in the league is right for us?
    No,I just said he may go into TS's thinking but 10 games is a bit harsh to suggest he has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I agree CAM, but it could be that if a football manager resigns he cant then take another managerial job for a certain length of time. UTM
    Yep, depends what's in his compromise agreement.

I would have thought Watford wouldn't have been too demanding in restrictions if they wanted to get rid of him in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    So a manager that has failed in the Championship with some of the best players in the league is right for us?
    They’re currently 10th and only 1 point from 5th place so hardly failed DM. Could be a good opportunity for the Millers?

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a manager being sacked and then restricted from working elsewhere, in football or in fact in any job.
    Almost certain that I read it somewhere that José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix had to abstain for 6 months when he was sacked at Spurs or, he had to give back his pay off before joining Roma. Going to try and see if I can find this.

Got to realise Edwards won't get paid up by Watford if he takes another job straight away.

Yes I would have him.

But he would be taking a massive pay drop to come to rufc.

As its just happened I'm guessing he would be waiting to see what offers come his way.

Let's not hope Doncaster rovers come in for him as they would be able to offer more money.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Got to realise Edwards won't get paid up by Watford if he takes another job straight away.
    They've sacked him and will have to pay him whatever he is owed contractually. There's no way that can be tied to him taking future employment, at the most it will be tied to what he can/can't say about WFC.

They've sacked him and will have to pay him whatever he is owed contractually. There's no way that can be tied to him taking future employment, at the most it will be tied to what he can/can't say about WFC.
    Watford FC must have a department office at the ground, named P45 & Out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast