+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ot Rotherham Taxis

Bloody ‘ell I forgot about Martini, glad to hear they’re still going. I believe an old mate of mine (Martin) started them up donkey’s years ago. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Bloody ‘ell I forgot about Martini, glad to hear they’re still going. I believe an old mate of mine (Martin) started them up donkey’s years ago. Cheers.
    Any time, any place, anywhere

How about Tartan, are they still around? An old East ‘erringthorper Keef Naylor started them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Use Uber and they tell you in advance
    Last time we were back it was really hard to get an Uber too.

Last time we were back it was really hard to get an Uber too.
    Phone me up, I always drive steady when I've had a few. Crashes taxis.

Taxi at from Doncaster railway station to Swinton railway station [ live 5 mins walk away ]
    Saturday dinner time cost £22. on the 19 November 2022.
    We would have caught a train, but would have had to wait on station for 1.5 hours.

When local we use Venture taxi's from Wath-on-Dearne, got their app on phone, lets you
    know when there arrive for pick up.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 04-12-2022 at 07:21 PM.

ELK, I think all cabs now have tracking so you can see where they are, plate number and make of car.

Always found Fona Car taxis, office at Swinton expensive.

We used to get p*ssed off, when we were getting phone calls for a taxi, early
    hours of the morning, with people ringing wrong number.
    Fona Car - 588885 - Our old number 588785

How about Tartan, are they still around? An old East ‘erringthorper Keef Naylor started them up.
    Sota, does tha mean 'darkie' Keith? He had a two tone Ford Granada in silver and blue, a beautiful looking car back in the day.

Looking forward to this one as we’ll be using taxis a lot over the next 3 weeks. When we were here in March taxis were hard to come by as there was a shortage of drivers? Is that still the case?
    Also, any recommendations?Thanks.
    Do you not rent a car on your visits, Sota? Think it probably works out cheaper than taxis and more convenient. I'm over from January 19 to Feb 9 and picking a car up from Avis at Heathrow and dropping it back there when I return. Can't remember what the full price was but I'm using some BA miles (Avios - I have their Chase credit card for general shopping) and the cost after that is $330 for the three weeks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast