+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham/Chesterfield Fixture Pileups

All 3 of us playing Tuesday night

For me, the more games we get in front that we win, the better.

Would also prefer Chesterfield to beat Wrexham. I see Wrexham as our greatest threat. That game and ours v Chesterfield are going to be really important .......and what a game it could be for us at Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The other thing to bare in mind is they may make some signings to keep things fresh this month.
    Not so easy for a NL clubs mid season as any decent players will have scored goals/played well so far so less likely to let them go. Plus Wrexham have a fairly settled team so who will want to drop down to sit on the bench? Unless you're a Wrexham fan who believes they can buy anyone with their millions

I've just noticed Wealdstone are in the play off places, when did that happen. Tough game away for Chesterfield on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If Chesterfield win their games in hand and assuming Notts and Wrexham keep on chugging they are 3 points off the pace. They are almost as dangerous as Wrexham. Although I am not sure what has happened to that Tshinminga chap don't see him scoring so many nowadays.
    All 3 of Chesterfields games in hand are away from home and 1 is against Wrexham. I can't see them picking up 9 points.

They've got to win 3 games to get within 3 points of us , sounds very much like us chasing teams last season...we never got close!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The pressure is on Wrexham end of. They have to win the games in hand to go above us & whilst they play in the FA Cup & Trophy it's an added bonus for us. Borehamwood fcuked up last season by going on a run in the FA Cup. The games will stock pile & if we have any bad weather in the rest of Winter they could end up playing 2 games a week nearly til the end.
    I think we have to remember Wrexham have far more squad depth than Boreham Wood, but having a big fixtures backlog certainly puts pressure on their powers of concentration. If we do our own job and keep winning our games, then Wrexham will know they face one 'must win' game after another. They obviously hold all the cards over us in terms of resources, but if you could design a fixtures scheduling scenario that might undermine their advantage, then this is it.

Keep winning and the pressure is on everyone else to catch us and then those with the games in hand the pressure becomes even more.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Keep winning and the pressure is on everyone else to catch us and then those with the games in hand the pressure becomes even more.
    That's the sum of it I think. If we keep winning we'll go up. Not just because of the points tally but because it will dishearten the chasers into dropping points.
    If, and it's never a given, we win on Tuesday then it's another game less for the chasers to catch us. We need to knock the fight out them the way Stockport did to everyone last season.

Wrexham home to Sheff U in the 4th round, Chesterfield away to Bristol City / Swansea if they win the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrexham home to Sheff U in the 4th round, Chesterfield away to Bristol City / Swansea if they win the replay.
    Hardly glamour ties. Just dipped in the Wrexham forum. Underwhelmed seems to be a common theme with this draw. Perfect for us though as it’s potentially a winnable game but will no doubt be one that takes energy out of the players. A draw would be absolutely perfect.

Wrexham cup game will be one that sapps all their energy. Will rightly so, be up for it especially being at home & go hell for leather

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast