+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United's latest accounts and what the UK's best-known football-finance

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    One small snag there.

The possibility for expansion is in the east stand not the away end.

That’s the lowest and can be made higher.

We could of course relocate the supporters in the east stand to the away end and utilise the east stand for away supporters
    Grist, yes I’m aware it’s the East stand that would be expanded. Would those who currently use it, be prepared to move to the South stand if expansion went ahead?

Put up some proper barriers in segregate instead of mesh thats takes up whole blocks of seats (this should already be in place for SW corner anyway), think of barrier in place at Norwich. At the moment we are only giving away 2200. Give them both corners, which should take it closer to 3000. If we did expand east stand, then for the occasional higher away attendance let them have part of the east stand lower tier.

If we accept that a 2nd tier in North and South stand are unlikely, then lets adjust the plans. Put 2nd tier in east stand, straighten the roof on north and south stand, which will allow for a further 3-4 rows of seats at the back of both stands.

Maguire also reports on Bournemouths latest promotion season to premier league had a £55million loss! Yet some of our fans like to compare us to them as they have similar attendances.

Attendances are only a small part of the funding.

- Merchandise sales rising from £883,000 to £922,000.

Do we need to charge more for replica shirt sales?

At time of reporting we had cheapest in league in this article, with Norwich selling at £65.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...price-27467727

I think we should be very proud of the way our club is run. The Efl should tighten the rules on rogue clubs they have a real cowboy outfit coming up this season. An independent body should rate clubs financially each season and the following season the better run clubs get a higher percentage of the TV revenue. Eventually the poorly run clubs will be weeded out and if we lose a few so be it, there are plenty of well run non-league clubs to replace them, once one big name goes it will be a domino effect and that is what scares the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, yes I’m aware it’s the East stand that would be expanded. Would those who currently use it, be prepared to move to the South stand if expansion went ahead?
    Yes Brin, but the club could enforce it for "the greater good"

Might be a red herring anyway because I'm not convinced that away support would be much bigger if their capacity was increased. A few games maybe, let's say 6 or so, where 1000 more tickets could be sold, that's 6000+ over a season, perhaps 10,000 tops

Would that justify the building costs, upgrading facilities and increased stewarding costs?

As for filling new capacity with home fans? Well our track record and core support numbers suggest that it would be unlikely. We can't increase core support now and that's with a backdrop of the cheapest tickets in the league, cheaper merchandising and lower cost catering.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Put up some proper barriers in segregate instead of mesh thats takes up whole blocks of seats (this should already be in place for SW corner anyway), think of barrier in place at Norwich. At the moment we are only giving away 2200. Give them both corners, which should take it closer to 3000. If we did expand east stand, then for the occasional higher away attendance let them have part of the east stand lower tier.

If we accept that a 2nd tier in North and South stand are unlikely, then lets adjust the plans. Put 2nd tier in east stand, straighten the roof on north and south stand, which will allow for a further 3-4 rows of seats at the back of both stands.
    I think we may have had a discussion on this before
    The east stand had planning restrictions on it with regard to its height and so it did not dwarf the river views. So putting another tier on it and altering existing roof heights would not be possible. That is why the seating and roof lines look like they do
    I believe it was the north or south stands or possibly both that had the foundations/ steelwork enhanced to receive more loading with additional seating and not the east.

Rufc could apply for planning permission again and local master plans for the area can change. However, there has been residential development been completed over the other side of the river which would be affected by a larger stand imposing on their views and sight lines so an application might not be successful. If the enhanced foundations and steelwork are not in the east then it would make it very expensive

The other thing to consider is handing an advantage to the away team by their volume of support dwarfing ours. Both Blackpool and Hull have restricted away ticket sales to us recently for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Is it?
    But we are told that plans are done and in place and work could be done during the regular season – but we were told that this time last year too – to expand the 12,000 capacity to 16,000 and then 20,000.

Millers Chairman Tony Stewart has told The Advertiser that the first stage of the expansion would be to add 2,000 seats behind each goal with the second stage adding 4,000 to the Family Stand.

‘Each of the stages would take four months. If I pressed the button it would probably be only about another month before work could start"

From 2016. I've ever seen anything to suggest this has changed

It does come up every now and then, has anyone ever seen the full plans for the stadium. As we were told they included foundations in place to increase in stages to 16k and 20k. Are you saying that this doesn't include expanding the east stand. As that would mean the extra 8k would come from just extending the north and south stand...mmm, I doubt that.

It could be that the expansion plans included the 2nd tier on the east stand, and overall with 2 stands it would be lower than rest of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    It does come up every now and then, has anyone ever seen the full plans for the stadium. As we were told they included foundations in place to increase in stages to 16k and 20k. Are you saying that this doesn't include expanding the east stand. As that would mean the extra 8k would come from just extending the north and south stand...mmm, I doubt that.

It could be that the expansion plans included the 2nd tier on the east stand, and overall with 2 stands it would be lower than rest of the ground.
    Is who saying it doesn't include the East Stand? Not me. I'm just pointing out that TS has said in the past that the ends would be done first - family stand phase 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast