+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Songs that 'real men' have verbal disdain for, they cannot admit .....

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Stefan,I now hate American Pie after spending decades of loving it due to the fact that it's all they play on the radio when they play a McLean song,Vincent,And I Love You So,Castles In The Air,Empty Chairs,Sister Fatima,Winterwood and my personal favourite Wonderful Baby never get played despite being well known songs
    Yes, I like all those plus Prime Time, Color TV Blues, Homeless Brother and Respectable.

Respectable
    And you talk of human justice while you drive on fancy wheels.
    And you push them to their limit just to see how nice it feels.
    Well it doesn't really matter if she's living or she's dead,
    You just drive away forgetting that your bumper's dipped in red.
    Well if that's the kind of justice that our hall of justice claims,
    Then I respect, respect, respect old Jesse James.

And most cordially they caught you and they asked you to obey.
    And they threw you into prison, just in case you could not pay.
    Well King Arthur jousted Lancelot, who stole away his wife;
    And your lawyers jousted with the court to save your precious life.
    Well if living is what matters though you lie with every breath,
    Then I respect, respect, the ones we put to death.

And you won your case most easily and soon you will be free.
    But there will be a million more who lose their liberty.
    Not because of what they did, but what they did not do:
    They did not pay a lawyer or a judge to see them through.
    Why, they had no friends to call on and they could not raise their bail.
    Well if winning is what matters, I respect the ones who fail

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    BDB, I have been contemplating going to Download for years. This year one of my favourite bands is playing and it's their only UK gig. Just not sure about going, are there pensioners present?
    Hi Bumble,

I’m no spring chicken 😀, as Rock music is getting older, the likes of Whitesnake, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Maiden, Kiss etc are all getting 70ish, to answer your question last year there were all ages there.. it was the same at the last Saxon gig I went to.. take me & Beth for example & 2/3 of this years gigs were going to Tom is going and he’s 16…

Download is well organised & have never seen any trouble there.. this years line up does not do it for me & Beth, yes I would love to see Metallica again but no one else on the bill is from my genre so binned it off..

By the time I make my mind up it will be sold out, I've done this before! I would love to see Disturbed live, I really like their latest album, 'Devisive' but have heard they are a bit hitty missy live so not sure whether to bother.

By the time I make my mind up it will be sold out, I've done this before! I would love to see Disturbed live, I really like their latest album, 'Devisive' but have heard they are a bit hitty missy live so not sure whether to bother.
    You've saved yourself £110 bumble as Disturbed are on the Saturday and sold out

Is that the album with their cover of sound of silence on it? It’s getting a lot or airtime on Planet Rock.

I believe there are day tickets on sale now rather than a full weekend ones?

Download is more about a Festival Experience than a concert though to be honest 👍

Sounds of Silence was on their "Immortalized" album back in 2015, got to say that version is one of my favourite ever songs. I chose it at my husband's funeral back in 2016 because it was one of about 6 songs that we both liked! Their new album is more like the stuff they started with "Down with the Sickness" was their first big hit and their heavier stuff suits my mood just now.

Phew, thanks Chauncey, that's one thing less to wonder about then

I refuse to reveal anything so deep as it will only serve to make my enemies stronger.

That's quite a line crusha,is it a lyric or your personal thought?

I wish that I could say that it was one of mine but by chance in the week I seen a quote from John Lydon when asked about his beloved wife Nora's passing he said something along the lines of 'I don't do grief because it only serves to make my enemies stronger' which is a brilliant line from the bloke who invented punk, well he was the face of it anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)