+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rate today's victory

If he'd scored the first, the second and third chances would not have happened and we may even have lost the game, who knows.

Certainly the best Notts game excitement wise I have seen on the TV. I think the Notts Man City FA Cup game at the lane in the early 90's was the best ever in the flesh for me.

In over 50 years this game had emotion from pre kickoff to, we.l I a still emotional and I need to watch the replay at 11 o'clock
    When we scored the equaliser I cried, I think because as I get older I wondered would we get back to the EFL
    I said to my nine year old grandson before the match, these are the games you will talk about when you get older. Little did I know the drama to unfurl!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie's Farm View Post
    mindboggling skill of LW's Notts to engineer this, but I'm glad they did
    Where has Jodi Jones been, seems a class player that made the difference today

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    In over 50 years this game had emotion from pre kickoff to, we.l I a still emotional and I need to watch the replay at 11 o'clock
    When we scored the equaliser I cried, I think because as I get older I wondered would we get back to the EFL
    I said to my nine year old grandson before the match, these are the games you will talk about when you get older. Little did I know the drama to unfurl!
    I also cried after both goals.
    These things rarely happen to us and the emotion was overwhelming.
    I would say I can’t imagine how Boreham must be feeling, but I know exactly how they’re feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Where has Jodi Jones been, seems a class player that made the difference today
    Definitely. We desperately needed someone to come on and run at the opposition. Nemane did it for the first 20 minutes, causing them problems, but then faded badly. Jones is so dangerous when cutting in from the right and the delivery for the equaliser was brilliant. The winner wasn’t too bad either!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I also cried after both goals.
    These things rarely happen to us and the emotion was overwhelming.
    I would say I can’t imagine how Boreham must be feeling, but I know exactly how they’re feeling.
    I had a tear in my eye for the equaliser and winner

Reminds me of the Warnock years and all excitement , famous win when lund scored against man city, the middlesborough home tie

Also i remember at Wembley when Regis scored the 3rd goal and the commentator said Notts are not so much celebrating this goal but a return to the first division
    Lets hope to see Notts celebrating not so much this gaol, but areturn to the football league

It was a horrendous game really. We missed loads of chances, gifted them a goal, missed a penalty - all the hallmarks of a disappointing Notts collapse. And then it all changed. I still can't believe that WE were the team to score a last-minute equaliser and winner. Makes no sense!

In terms of moments, both the Baldwin equaliser and the Jones winner are among the best I've ever experienced as a Notts fan. In terms of a pure release of emotion, the winner yesterday is probably the best moment I can remember. The atmosphere and scenes were incredible. Pure joy and relief. I can't stop smiling even today.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I had a tear in my eye for the equaliser and winner

Reminds me of the Warnock years and all excitement , famous win when lund scored against man city, the middlesborough home tie
    It was the Lund goal that cemented my love for Notts and being at Meadow Lane. I was around 10 at the time.
    I think my 12 year old daughter had that ‘moment’ yesterday. She could take or leave going to games but is now buzzing for Wembley.
    I hope there were a few thousand more ‘moments’ yesterday!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast