+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Faces Ronnie Wood

He had this radio show be abit ago showed you clips on u tube Paul McCartney was on Mick Hucknall alot more if you were into music from their time when they were topping the album charts at least I found it good anyway. I know they've made their money but him & Rod Stewart together back then with the Faces songs they wrote stood up against anyone around that time. Jagger Richards knew that cause latter got hanging out with RW playing with Faces on his solo album. Rod Stewart after Maggie May solo no. 1 got pound signs in front of his eyes & he basically gave up on the Faces giving RW to the Stones but they are Jagger Richards. RW RS since can't remember of their songs matching up to back then.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    He had this radio show be abit ago showed you clips on u tube Paul McCartney was on Mick Hucknall alot more if you were into music from their time when they were topping the album charts at least I found it good anyway. I know they've made their money but him & Rod Stewart together back then with the Faces songs they wrote stood up against anyone around that time. Jagger Richards knew that cause latter got hanging out with RW playing with Faces on his solo album. Rod Stewart after Maggie May solo no. 1 got pound signs in front of his eyes & he basically gave up on the Faces giving RW to the Stones but they are Jagger Richards. RW RS since can't remember of their songs matching up to back then.

edit... can't remember any of their songs

Ronnie Wood was a student at Ealing Technical College.
    As was Freddie Mercury, Pete Towshend and.......
    me.
    What a hotbed of talent that place was

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Ronnie Wood was a student at Ealing Technical College.
    As was Freddie Mercury, Pete Towshend and.......
    me.
    What a hotbed of talent that place was

All talented Townshend great songwriter. But RW & RS for me were in Jeff Beck group together before the Faces. I'd just started getting my own money think I've said this before was at BSC this would be late 1970 early 71 another apprentice said to me I've just seen the best band I've ever seen that was the Faces got me into them got their 1st album & RS his 1st solo one while in the Faces just got me was a massive fan while they lasted got all the bands releases & RS his solo ones up to the end of 1974.

Last album Faces did Ooh La La 1973 Rod Stewart wasn't fully committed on it Ronnie Lane wrote some good songs for it I'd say there was at least 6 standout songs on it as good as anything around at that time. I bought album when it came out but just found out Borstal boys song on it was written by Ronnie Wood Ian Mclagan 2 of the Faces & Steve Harley who I assume wrote the lyrics I always thought Rod Stewart did. They played it live in Europe sounds great also played True Blue there a Stewart Wood song same live shows how good a band they were.

Back in the day when I worked in Surrey, I used to ride my mountain bike past Kenney Jones' lounge window lol. His house backed onto a public footpath through the local woods. Weird to see him sat there having his dinner lol.
    Katie Price lived a few doors down... but many leagues in class.
    Kenney used to go in The Black Bull in Ewhurst. Went in one night and Eric Clapton was sat supping pints with him and Alanis Morrissette.
    Just down the road was Oliver Reed's local. He was banned from driving so they had a tether installed for his horse so he could ride to it lol.
    Ringo Starr bought his house and my mate continued to look after the horses. There was a fake rhino in the garden and my mate put a load of manure under it's arse. Made national news lol.
    Happy days.

Gru's latest obsession, surprised he hasn't been touted as a replacement for Chieo.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Gru's latest obsession, surprised he hasn't been touted as a replacement for Chieo.

Not an obsession been a fan of the Faces for over 50 years. Proper music not like most of today's. But still music today odd artist sounds decent on record or playing live. Tom Meighan his new music like. Imelda May a proper lady singer good singing live.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Back in the day when I worked in Surrey, I used to ride my mountain bike past Kenney Jones' lounge window lol. His house backed onto a public footpath through the local woods. Weird to see him sat there having his dinner lol.
    Katie Price lived a few doors down... but many leagues in class.
    Kenney used to go in The Black Bull in Ewhurst. Went in one night and Eric Clapton was sat supping pints with him and Alanis Morrissette.
    Just down the road was Oliver Reed's local. He was banned from driving so they had a tether installed for his horse so he could ride to it lol.
    Ringo Starr bought his house and my mate continued to look after the horses. There was a fake rhino in the garden and my mate put a load of manure under it's arse. Made national news lol.
    Happy days.

Kenny Jones was the quiet one. Ian Mclagan looked abit out of it sometimes. Ronnie Plonk Lane he liked his drink. Ronnie Wood wasn't loud let his talent do the talking! Rod Stewart got his confidence in the Faces good front man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast