+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting for the best news of all. . . .

Sign him up again but warn him no more silly penalties or your contract will be terminated immediately.

Thats a yes from me too sign him up with a two-year extension. I think the penalty miss in the final just added to the drama and also gave Scott the chance to bed the Wrexham miss (gutsy pen from him). He was only a fag paper away from scoring anyway. He's a class act so might gave other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Thats a yes from me too
    and me. Maybe we should pass a bucket around? The Bostock Bucket

I would love to see Durham Pie sponsor his shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    and me. Maybe we should pass a bucket around? The Bostock Bucket
    We could all have a celebratory cup of tea if he did sign?

We could call that The Bostock Tea Party?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I would love to see Durham Pie sponsor his shirt
    Only if he never takes another penalty..

The big games are when you need that extra edge, that bit of class or that bit of magic. It’s when the leaders and warriors come into their own. John Bostock was that man at Wembley and cemented himself as one of the “The Undeniable Heroes”. Not forgetting his performances since coming to the club got better and better week on week.

So it’s also a yes from me for a contract extension.

Watched the playoff final back yesterday for the first time. Bostock was great, but god we were generally awful. I’m surprised Oxford didn’t have second thoughts about Ruben on the strength of that performance. What with Slocombe being a liability and Macca not being really in it we were playing with 8 men until Jodi and Scott improved things.

Nemane was fantastic, still hope he signs but I think he’s probably gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Watched the playoff final back yesterday for the first time. Bostock was great, but god we were generally awful..
    Glad somebody has said this.

I watched the TV coverage and thought it was the worst I've seen Notts play in a televised game for quite some time. Switched the radio on towards the end of normal time and Charlie and Stall were in agreement Notts were dire, Charlie was getting quite angry with frustration.

None of this matters now because we won the game and that's an infinitely more desirable outcome than us playing heroically well and losing, but what I don't get is why people have to pretend that we played well, or in some cases insist we were brilliant. I get it's subjective and the stats might say we had more of this or that, but anybody claiming that performance was of the standard this team generally set itself over the course of the season has most likely got carried away with the euphoria or is terrified as coming across as anything but 100% positive.

Brighton were the better side in the first half of the 1991 Play Off final and we didn't deserve to be ahead at HT. It's actually OK to say these things like this and still be able to claim to be a Notts County supporter.

You could argue that our performances against Boreham wood and Chesterfield were two of the worst of the season, and perhaps it demonstrates that the vulnerability of our stylish way of playing is when players are tense and nervous and prone to mistakes than they normally make.

It only takes two or three players to have an off-day and our pattern of play can become untidy very quickly, but the test then is whether the side has the spirit to battle through such problems and still eek out a result. If the sign of a good team is to get results under pressure when we're not playing at our best, then Luke Williams' Notts passed that test in the play-offs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast