+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Just Stop Boil

So where do people get their news and current affairs from if all of the ones names about are sh*te?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    People actually manage to watch this channel? Good grief.
    I wouldn't know (I don't watch any live TV), I was just posting a youtube clip I found funny.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I agree that all views should be considered. But they present with such a bias and agenda aimed at a certain type of person it can hardly be called news.
    All channels present with a bias the BBC and Channel 4 being the worst of all for bias no different from GB News, the most laughable thing recently being ‘BBC Verify’ just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Absolutely, someone who hasn't quite got his facts right being laughed at by 2 presenters who haven't got a clue about anything!! GB News, BBC News both utter sh*te.
    Fair comment. I would ask how anyone would give the interviewee air time. Another child who feels without any shred of evidence his opinion is fact. Sadly, his view as ludicrous as it is would be treated more credibly on BBC. I much prefer him being scoffed at by people who may not have a clue rather than weight to his non argument.

Demolishing Dale's Disinformation
    Ecotricity owner Dale Vince is disseminating disinformation to protect his own interests.

Eco-entrepreneur Dale Vince who owns and runs Ecotricity, has recently given interviews and participated in a Talk TV debate where besides being rude and belligerent, he made some demonstrably false statements about renewable energy, especially how cheap it is. Time for a closer look at Dale and his companies to see how well his claims stand up to scrutiny. My main findings are:

Ecotricity and its sister companies have benefited from over £100m in direct and indirect subsidies since 2002.

Dale Vince treats the group like a massive ATM, withdrawing over £7m from his director’s loan account over many years after selling some of his shares back to the company.

Dale bought some shares in one of his subsidiary companies for £49 and sold them five years later to an unrelated company for more than £36m.

·He has since loaned £19.9m of his money back to his company to prop up its finances. This is quite a lot to lend from someone who claims to have only a few thousand in his current account and no other savings or investments.

It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that Dale is engaging in disinformation to protect and promote his own interests.

Full article here....
    https://davidturver.substack.com/p/d...disinformation

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Ah, GB News. Our version of Fox to stir up anger.

Tory mouthpieces.
    Like. A nonsense channel populated by obnoxious people who know exactly what they're doing by creating division with inaccurate stories. Otherwise known as a den of ****s. Everyone is intitled to their opinion but the presenters on there I don't think believe half the rubbish they say, just stirring up the crowd for their bank balance.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    People actually manage to watch this channel? Good grief.
    I think the same about the BBC News, but it's all a matter of perspective!

It's a good thing in my opinion to have a wide range news channels with varying editorial perspectives across the political spectrum, and even better if those news channels are pretty direct and honest about what their editorial policy is and which audience they're targeting. People can then choose for themselves what they want to watch, and have a fairly good idea of where said channels are coming from.

The biggest scandal for me is that on the pretence of being the 'public service/state broadcaster', one news channel is still artificially bankrolled by being able to (legally!) demand money with menaces for you to be able to watch any other news channel on a TV set. What makes it even worse is that the BBC still tries to claim the identity of being a neutral and impartial news broadcaster when it clearly is not.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Like. A nonsense channel populated by obnoxious people who know exactly what they're doing by creating division with inaccurate stories. Otherwise known as a den of ****s. Everyone is intitled to their opinion but the presenters on there I don't think believe half the rubbish they say, just stirring up the crowd for their bank balance.
    Yep just like the BBC, Channel 4 and Sky

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Demolishing Dale's Disinformation
    Ecotricity owner Dale Vince is disseminating disinformation to protect his own interests.

Eco-entrepreneur Dale Vince who owns and runs Ecotricity, has recently given interviews and participated in a Talk TV debate where besides being rude and belligerent, he made some demonstrably false statements about renewable energy, especially how cheap it is. Time for a closer look at Dale and his companies to see how well his claims stand up to scrutiny. My main findings are:

Ecotricity and its sister companies have benefited from over £100m in direct and indirect subsidies since 2002.

Dale Vince treats the group like a massive ATM, withdrawing over £7m from his director’s loan account over many years after selling some of his shares back to the company.

Dale bought some shares in one of his subsidiary companies for £49 and sold them five years later to an unrelated company for more than £36m.

·He has since loaned £19.9m of his money back to his company to prop up its finances. This is quite a lot to lend from someone who claims to have only a few thousand in his current account and no other savings or investments.

It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that Dale is engaging in disinformation to protect and promote his own interests.

Full article here....
    https://davidturver.substack.com/p/d...disinformation
    Agree totally, saw him on a couple of similar interviews where he did himself no favours

crazyfists, how much of GB News have you watched. Genuine question. I am assuming these obnoxious people, are ones that have a different political outlook to yours. As I have said before GB News tends to cover the news with debate from both sides of the political spectrum. If it leans to the right is that such a bad thing, as the other main news channels seem to lean the other way. It is important to maintain balance in news reporting.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast