+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Is that 2-4 weeks from the injury, or the announcement or of the season? If since the injury, he might be fit for the opener.
    However, last season he was 'close to a return' on a few occasions only to break down in training.
    Does he have some structural weakness in his ankles? Can't they detect that with all the scans he's had? Just curious about what makes a player more injury prone than another.
    I think in total, so Mansfield at very earliest, but only at best estimate - 2 weeks from now would be my guess. LB was quite positive it was in no way realted to last year's injury - I bet playing with a virus may be partly responsible.

Picking a strongest team for Barnsley seems a bit of a task right from the start- not yet convinced Davies is a mark up on Booth. Cooney not impressed so far. Powell needs to be sharper and all 3 strikers with ? against them before the season starts.
    So...
    Davies;
    Adebisi, O'Riordan, Demetriou, Williams;
    Tabiner, Powell, Thomas (?)/ Colkett (?);
    Tracey, CBR, Holicek.
    So no start for Offord for me - his contribution to Lincoln's first goal showed his dodgy side.
    The biggest problem is in Midfield. There is no alternative to Thomas in his role - none of the others can do it (perhaps now is the time to experiment with Offord in the holding role).
    Whatever, there is a need to give Powell and Tabiner the chance to concentrate on their own game in getting the ball forward.
    I've got Holicek up front because of his quick feet and ball control- would be ideal next to a ball winner like CBR. Also Tracy needs to be allowed to take on his man and get his crosses in/ cut inside and shoot.

...and a 4-1 defeat!

So...
    Davies;
    Adebisi, O'Riordan, Demetriou, Williams;
    Tabiner, Powell, Thomas (?)/ Colkett (?);
    Tracey, CBR, Holicek.
    So no start for Offord for me
    Who's a clever boy then !!!

Hope you don't get the score right anorl ...

1 down after 2 minutes!! Nothing changes lol

So 2-1 loss- anyone go to give us a report?
    One worrying thing was giving away goals early in each half which was a thing early last season.
    As for being a clever boy - that'll probably be the last time I get it right!

Another point of interest... Thomas only got 11 minutes so I assume he won't be starting next Saturday.

Another point of interest... Thomas only got 11 minutes so I assume he won't be starting next Saturday.
    Colkett was taken off after 15 mins (replaced by Lunt) - sounds like a hamstring issue (?)

So that's Long and Colkett injured and out for the start. Feel sorry for both of them but it looks like their bodies can't stand up to professional football. Injured for most of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    So that's Long and Colkett injured and out for the start. Feel sorry for both of them but it looks like their bodies can't stand up to professional football. Injured for most of their careers.
    Long *really hasn't been* till with us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast