+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess the starting XI

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I can’t see why benson would want to leave at this stage in his career unless it was a very big club wanting him - we need some central quality not more wingers imo anyway , a strong centre mid with physicality and the ability to pick a pass and score a goal or two , I’d be happy at that.
    Twine seems to have bulked up over last season's injury ravaged campaign, I noticed he was not getting knocked off the ball or bullied so easily during the latest friendlies. He can certainly play football, perhaps he might be the answer to your prayers army88?

I think James Trafford has expressed his views and I don't think we would have signed him for potentially £19m unless we were going to start
    with him.

Based on the matches I have been able to watch in our pre-season, Muric is a better goalkeeper than Trafford at the moment.

Trafford is at an age when he can improve, but against Manchester City it should be Muric in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Based on the matches I have been able to watch in our pre-season, Muric is a better goalkeeper than Trafford at the moment.

Trafford is at an age when he can improve, but against Manchester City it should be Muric in goal.
    A no-brainer V_C it's got to be Muric.

Friday night is only 5 more sleeps away (that's what my grandson just told me), he's got the new blue away kit and very nice it is too, so I suppose we should make a guess at the starting line up.

Muric,
    Roberts, Beyer, Ekdal, Taylor,
    Koleosho, Cullen, Twine, Cork, Zaroury,
    Rodriguez.

I expect a right regal stuffing.

Trafford,
    Roberts, Al-Dakhil, Beyer, O’Shea,
    Redmond, Cullen, Brownhill,
    Amdouni, Foster, Zaroury.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Friday night is only 5 more sleeps away (that's what my grandson just told me), he's got the new blue away kit and very nice it is too, so I suppose we should make a guess at the starting line up.

Muric,
    Roberts, Beyer, Ekdal, Taylor,
    Koleosho, Cullen, Twine, Cork, Zaroury,
    Rodriguez.

I expect a right regal stuffing.
    I’m going to say

Trafford
    Robert’s , Beyer , O’Shea , Taylor
    Cullen, JBG , koleosho , Zaroury
    Amdouni

Don’t understand VK obsession with JBG tbh but I think he’ll play - if cullen unfit weghorst

Yesterdays game was a run out I get that - but we played people out of positions - where I think we went wrong is we should have played the starting team together at some point ( exception of cullen )

Unless VK thought Pep was watching and created a false sense of security to trick
    Him into thinking we were clueless- I hope that’s what it was 👍👍👍

As an after thought I’d play Townsend if fit as he likes to score a worldly against City - and he’s a very very good player.
    Last edited by army88; 06-08-2023 at 09:38 AM.

God knows what the team will be, but as it likely won't include Maatsen, Tella, Benson, Cullen or Barnes I can only imagine it will be weaker than the one we finished with in the Championship. Which would indicate something has gone amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    God knows what the team will be, but as it likely won't include Maatsen, Tella, Benson, Cullen or Barnes I can only imagine it will be weaker than the one we finished with in the Championship. Which would indicate something has gone amiss.
    The balance of the squad is all wrong mon ami, in reality the best striker at the club is Jay Rod and the paucity of choice in the midfield is ridiculous.

Obviously we cannot know how Amdouni and Koleosho will pan out but out of our entire squad the only one I would truly consider a "walk-in" to most EPL teams is Beyer.

The rest have left me feeling a bit meh.

You must be feeling pretty confident though army88 you are going to take on City with just ten players. Are you giving them a chance or what?

Trafford
    Roberts , Beyer, O’Shea, Taylor
    Cullen, JBG , Koleosho , Zaroury
    Amdouni

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)