+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs Tranny

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    He hangs onto the ball too long admiring his own footwork too much for me at the minute. He did score the winner against Grimsby, fair play….I think Austin supplied the 2nd Macca goal v Doncaster though?…..and he assisted the assister for todays second goal 😂 Who assisted the assister who assisted the 2nd goal?! How far back do you want to go?!

Early days, and he is clearly a very technically gifted player and will hopefully splatter egg on my face…..but give me Ruben any day, he could see the pass way before it presented itself, it’s like Crowley can see it but keeps the ball anyway and does some cool twisty turning stuff instead.
    So scored the winner v Grimsby, assisted the first today with some great skill on the wing, set up Palmer for he cross for the second today and crossed for Jones goal last week which was a great cross. So directly involved in 4 goals in 3 games, yeah he's just doing twisty stuff.

We all love Ruben and he was a special player but credit where credit is due.

He hangs onto the ball too long admiring his own footwork too much for me at the minute. He did score the winner against Grimsby, fair play….I think Austin supplied the 2nd Macca goal v Doncaster though?…..and he assisted the assister for todays second goal 😂 Who assisted the assister who assisted the 2nd goal?! How far back do you want to go?!

Early days, and he is clearly a very technically gifted player and will hopefully splatter egg on my face…..but give me Ruben any day, he could see the pass way before it presented itself, it’s like Crowley can see it but keeps the ball anyway and does some cool twisty turning stuff instead.
    Apologies you were right, he put in the cross the keeper flapped at and Jones scored for the 3rd.

Goals aren't just made/scores by the last 2 players that touched the ball, usually it's skillful play further back that gets the others into good positions.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    So scored the winner v Grimsby, assisted the first today with some great skill on the wing, set up Palmer for he cross for the second today and crossed for Jones goal last week which was a great cross. So directly involved in 4 goals in 3 games, yeah he's just doing twisty stuff.

The "twisty stuff" and holding onto the ball draws opposition players in and creates space for others. Both yesterday's goals were created by Crowley doing exactly that and it draws defenders out of positions, especially the 2nd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post

Yep, scored the winner against Grimsby, fair play.

Great skill on the wing for our first? His pass to Didzy was actually poor and was fortunate to get through.

The pass to Palmer? We’re seriously talking about assisting the assister now? He had acres of space anyway, it was the simplest, most obvious pass you’ll ever see!

The cross for Jones’s goal v Doncaster was nowhere near Jones…it was played into Macca and the keeper pushed it out to where Jones was if I remember correctly? Is that an assist if it has bounced off a few other players? It was a great original ball into the box though.

I’m not saying he’s rubbish, but he’s not the little Messi some are making him out to be. My rating of 7 was fair imo.

Yep, scored the winner against Grimsby, fair play.

Great skill on the wing for our first? His pass to Didzy was actually poor and was fortunate to get through.

The pass to Palmer? We’re seriously talking about assisting the assister now? He had acres of space anyway, it was the simplest, most obvious pass you’ll ever see!

The cross for Jones’s goal v Doncaster was nowhere near Jones…it was played into Macca and the keeper pushed it out to where Jones was if I remember correctly? Is that an assist if it has bounced off a few other players? It was a great original ball into the box though.

I’m not saying he’s rubbish, but he’s not the little Messi some are making him out to be. My rating of 7 was fair imo.
    You're just doubling down now, no problem. I don't think anyone's used the phrase "little messi" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stone 7 - difficult to rate because he didn't have a serious save to make, but did what he had to do well.
    Rawlinson 7 - looks good on the right side of a back 3, great to see him score the winner.
    Brindley 7 - switching him to the centre was an inspired move, he looks so much better.
    Cameron 7.5 - impressive today both defending and going forward.
    Nemane 7 - scared them in the first half, but a bit mixed in the second.
    Palmer 7 - does what Palmer does. Always available and keeps us moving.
    Bostock 9* - A majestic display. Didn't waste a pass and won the ball back regularly. Today Bostock looked like a Premiership player dropped into a League 2 match. Head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch, a travesty he didn't get MOM.
    Jones 7.5 - classy, provided some quality crosses that deserved a better end product.
    Crowley 7 - always composed on the ball, some good creative moments.
    Langstaff 7 - everything but a goal, and he should probably have had a couple. He was still in the right place and his work ethic can't be faulted.
    McGoldrick 7.5 - showed more of what he offers. Great finish for our first and could have had more.

Subs 6.5 - all did their job. Hope Scott's injury is a minor one.

An impressive performance today, the scoreline really didn't do us justice. Another brilliant attendance, the thought of us getting over 10,000 for a home game against Tranmere would have been unthinkable last time we were here.
    Think the comments and scores here are generally bang on, particularly the analysis for Bostock. Early days but surely there’s no-one in this league with a midfield pairing anywhere near as good as him and Palmer.

Only thing I’d mention in addition to what’s said above is Stone did make one outstanding save; he got a fingertip to their shot that hit the bar, it was in otherwise.

And I thought Langstaff is getting involved more in the overall play this year and has got more to his game than he’s always able to show in the poacher role. Showed his pace and skill to take us up the pitch a couple of times after we went down to 10.

Overall, it already feels a long time since some fans were deriding a lot of the squad and wanting to rip up the whole playing style because of a disappointing opening day loss and a cup defeat to a very strong L1 side.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    You're just doubling down now, no problem. I don't think anyone's used the phrase "little messi" either.
    Correct! Match ratings are serious stuff, can’t go questioning myself now and allowing space for change of opinions and accepting others ideas 😬

Can't really complain about any player ratings, we finished that game and were unlucky that we had to finish with 10 players.

Loved how we still went for the kill rather then sit back and invite pressure.

Being harsh i would dock rawlinson a point for his kick out at their 7 (if the ref saw that he'd been sent off)
    And a point for palmers blatant dive.

With regards to the MOM award I think that the club itself should have some kind of input into it.
    I was in the 1862 near the group that made Didsy MOM, they were a nice bunch & they paid the cash to be able to call it, MAYBE they just dont watch football but felt that it was worth sponsoring, nothing against that but it should not have been Didsy, it was JB by a country mile.
    The club itself ought to take that decision away from this kind of sponsorship as I dont think its a true reflection of the match, its happened many times before & it just devalues the award.

I'm not convinced that there was only one John Bostock on the field, he was everywhere!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast