+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20mph zones in Wales and the Welsh prick

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If the politicians did their job properly they should be introducing a law which bans cars being parked within half a mile of schools between 8am to 9.30am and when the schools come out at the end of their school day. Primary and secondary schools finish their school day at different times.
    Therefore cars should be banned from parking within half a mile of a school from one hour before the end of the school day until 30 minutes after end of the school day.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    Why?
    It would be better for the health of the school children and the streets beside schools would not be jammed up with cars as parents try to drop their children off at school as close as possible and then collect them at the end of the school day.
    When I was at Primary School I walked to school.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It would be better for the health of the school children and the streets beside schools would not be jammed up with cars as parents try to drop their children off at school as close as possible and then collect them at the end of the school day.
    When I was at Primary School I walked to school.
    Another demonstration of how out of touch with reality you are.

Parents' cars would just jam up other streets a bit further from the school. And those streets would be jammed for longer as the parents would need extra time to walk the half mile to the school gates and back. Or would they have to drop the kids half a mile from the gates and just move on like they mostly do right outside the gates now? Pretty sure the cocks in frocks lot would be in favour of that, gives them free access to vulnerable, unaccompanied kids.

When you were at school there were far fewer cars on the roads and the walk to school was significantly less dangerous - biggest risk for you was probably slipping in a pile of horse ****e. I'm younger than you and also walked to school, I was lucky if I saw two cars on the road in my walk between Duncan Terrace and West March Primary. Purely coincidentally that walk was half a mile each way, do you have any idea how far that actually is? It's a ten to fif**** minute walk for children. Ten to fif**** minutes, unaccompanied if you get your wish, on busy roads in all weathers.

Walking a mile a day would have very limited benefit to children's health, in fact the added walk after school might even make some of them late for the after school activities that actually do benefit them. Might even mean they can't do those activities so it could even be bad for their health.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Another demonstration of how out of touch with reality you are.

Parents' cars would just jam up other streets a bit further from the school. And those streets would be jammed for longer as the parents would need extra time to walk the half mile to the school gates and back. Or would they have to drop the kids half a mile from the gates and just move on like they mostly do right outside the gates now? Pretty sure the cocks in frocks lot would be in favour of that, gives them free access to vulnerable, unaccompanied kids.

When you were at school there were far fewer cars on the roads and the walk to school was significantly less dangerous - biggest risk for you was probably slipping in a pile of horse ****e. I'm younger than you and also walked to school, I was lucky if I saw two cars on the road in my walk between Duncan Terrace and West March Primary. Purely coincidentally that walk was half a mile each way, do you have any idea how far that actually is? It's a ten to fif**** minute walk for children. Ten to fif**** minutes, unaccompanied if you get your wish, on busy roads in all weathers.

Walking a mile a day would have very limited benefit to children's health, in fact the added walk after school might even make some of them late for the after school activities that actually do benefit them. Might even mean they can't do those activities so it could even be bad for their health.
    Some excellent points raised there Deeranged.

Would the answer not be not to breed.

Apparently the world's ending so if everyone stopped breeding.

That's that

Breeding is the most popular ad profitable career choice in the UK. Do you leave school and go get an apprenticeship or got to college or uni and get an education? Or simply fire oot a bairn every 5 years and get at least 1 of them diagnosed as being "on the spectrum" It's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Breeding is the most popular ad profitable career choice in the UK. Do you leave school and go get an apprenticeship or got to college or uni and get an education? Or simply fire oot a bairn every 5 years and get at least 1 of them diagnosed as being "on the spectrum" It's a no brainer.
    I read a stat the other day that said something like 3 times the amount of children under 16 are on disability benefits per head of pop than England/Wales.

Can't mind where I read it

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I read a stat the other day that said something like 3 times the amount of children under 16 are on disability benefits per head of pop than England/Wales.

Obviously there would be a much harder line if Scotland was paying for it rather than the UK.

Scottish govt now employing many more investigators as they realise that when they do take on the payments the bill is already out of control..

The nicey nicey approach by Scottish benefits agency will change in a cple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Or simply fire oot a bairn every 5 years and get at least 1 of them diagnosed as being "on the spectrum" It's a no brainer.
    Certainly not a no brainer if you have a child that has been diagnosed as being autistic or even as you quote on the spectrum.

Enlighten me on why you think it is in your words a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

It's not just the youngsters. I know of a guy (friend of a friend) who has been registered disabled for years basically because he is clinically obese. The thing is that there is nothing wrong with him medically other than being a fat ******* and that is by his own admission. The guy fully admits that he is only the size that he is due to his own greed and the sh1te processed food and masses of sweet stuff that he rams down his throat. Seems quite proud of it actually and has no plans to diet or exercise more and why would he given the amount of benefits he cadges off the state. BUT things get worse. The guy is now showing off his free mobility motor dutifully and freely provided by the Scottish Government. I wholeheartedly agree with you 'returnofrros', the country is well and truly on the way to being totally f*cked, if not there already.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)