+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury situation?

Some very strange squad moves all round IMO. I can see the logic in signing Hall, Morrison at a push, but Peltier? Why let Kioso leave so early in the summer? Is McCart really that bad? As for Bola, he is better than Appiah!

Gonna sound like gru now but for warneys boys substitute mattys boys!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I dont buy into defenders turning us down argument. If players want to be guaranteed a game every week a defender will know he will be needed playing for us in the champ..
    I know he’s a midfielder but Tarique Fosu would have played most weeks and he turned us down and he’s unemployed
    Clearly Rotherham is not an attractive option for him

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    roly, injuries can occur to any player on any day, week, month in any season. It so happened that it was Cameron's turn yesterday and what a massive loss he's going to be. This young man has a great future and hopefully with us for a long time.

Our major concern was going with who can only be described as seasoned players, and all three are out. I can't recall hearing/reading anywhere how long Hall is out for and he's the better player of the three. We just have to hope they are getting back to being fit asap.

At the time of signing them, it was a massive gamble but it fit the budget Taylor had to work with. Hindsight's a wonderful thing and if only Taylor knew what was to happen to all three of them, then he wouldn't have signed them. No one has that crystal ball to look into and foresee things so you roll with your commitment on who you've signed and hope it all goes well, so far it hasn't but things will improve and hopefully soon.
    I don’t get it fit the budget Taylor had to work with ? £26,000 a week on these three could have got you two excellent centre backs who might have been on the pitch ?
    Also Ferguson should not have had his contract extended ? It’s not hindsight it’s pure logic ! Hall has only played 200 games in his ten year career and most of those were when he was much younger ? It’s been reckless at best and bordering criminal !

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I seem to recall that the 3 injury prone defenders didn’t sign for us until late summer
    I’m sure we tried to sign more reliable players but they turned us down. Might have been for the money or because we are a very, very unfashionable club and they were never going to sign

So MT might have been left with 2 options.
    Sign lower standard , fit players who may or may not have made cship standard. McCart May fit into this category as MT doesn’t appear keen to retain his services. Sub standard players will lead to the same outcome that being too many goals conceded

Or we sign cship standard players who no one else wants at our level
    In summary MT chose what he thinks is the best over a season, that being 25 games as back up to the first choice CB,s
    So fans asking why we didn’t sign more reliable defenders may not be as straightforward as budget

This is what I understood from his interview yesterday
    No Morrison signed very early on !

We will not get 25 games out of all three plus Ferguson

Blackett Morrison Peltier and Hall were all out for long spells last season All 4 signed early doors as far as I remember so the quote about the likes of Rotherham only getting these type of players doesn’t wash on the contrary I bet the players eyes lit up at our offer we still had plenty of time to get a “younger model” if he didn’t want or rate McCart of these 4 thankfully Blackett has overcome injuries or we would have been even worse off if that’s possible

We have 4 senior CB and 2 out on loan. Plus peltier and oddefin who can fill in these slots.
    How many CB do folk want at the club. Or is it the fact 5 of the 8 plus 2 out on loan are not available?
    Yeah we all know we wouldn't have sign peltier, hall and Morrison but MT did and took the gamble.
    Where has this 30k for 3 players come from that derby miller keeps quoting? Is it a say it long enough peeps will think it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We have 4 senior CB and 2 out on loan. Plus peltier and oddefin who can fill in these slots.
    How many CB do folk want at the club. Or is it the fact 5 of the 8 plus 2 out on loan are not available?
    Yeah we all know we wouldn't have sign peltier, hall and Morrison but MT did and took the gamble.
    Where has this 30k for 3 players come from that derby miller keeps quoting? Is it a say it long enough peeps will think it's true?
    This exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just 2 or 3 who actually get on the pitch pleeeaseeee! This is not to do with bad luck or funds just ridiculousness...If we go down it will be the main reason

Odoffin has never played CB for us so plainly MT dunt fancy him there. He has had opportunity to put him there but never has.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-09-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast