+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpies

20 mins added time ...

That'll do !!

This team continues to surprise me, can't wait for Tuesday night

The spirit and togetherness is absolutely incredible within this group. Wouldnt have been surprised if we had lost today. With ten minutes left we looked dead on our feet. With all due respect the subs were not going to make us considerably stronger. After 80 minutes I was desperate for us to get a point.

When you consider the players missing and the ones out there all patched up then that has to be the result of the season so far.

Connor Thomas would have been my MOTM and I think the keeper was in with a shout today too, but they all did us proud.

What a bunch!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    The spirit and togetherness is absolutely incredible within this group. Wouldnt have been surprised if we had lost today. With ten minutes left we looked dead on our feet. With all due respect the subs were not going to make us considerably stronger. After 80 minutes I was desperate for us to get a point.

When you consider the players missing and the ones out there all patched up then that has to be the result of the season so far.

Connor Thomas would have been my MOTM and I think the keeper was in with a shout today too, but they all did us proud.

What a bunch!!
    Thomas for me as well, but to be fair Demetriou is definitely our man of the season so far.

I saw somebody's league 2 11 of the season so far and was disappointed that we only had one player included (Mickey D of course!). However, on reflection, I thought that, of course we haven't got one or two outstanding players but a whole squad working together as a team. This group of players that we have now are outstanding AS A GROUP. They work for each other and the sum of their efforts is why they are doing so well. Overall they are not as talented as Perry, Pixie etc but they are a group that we can really feel proud of in their togetherness.

As for MOTM, it was Rio for me but in a reflection of my previous post, there many others who were close especially O'Riordan, Demetriou and Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    As for MOTM, it was Rio for me but in a reflection of my previous post, there many others who were close especially O'Riordan, Demetriou and Thomas.
    And White!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12