+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United - Failings By the Previous Manager / Recruitmet Team / Owner

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Sorry elk I like most of your posts but this is posted from the knowledge we know now.
    Go back 12 month and MT was the type of manager most millers demanded. Pointing the finger at TS now for his actions that most fans wanted is out of order. TS has plenty of faults (mainly his mouth running away with himself) but employing MT wasn't one of them..
    Point the finger at Scott for his failure to give information to the manager is something you have made up in your head. You don't know this. You don't know we didn't approach reg. And he said no or if the Huddersfield manager said no.
    Signing Morrison on a pay as you play contract like most speculated was a good move especially with his experience and leader ability. Plus since we had Blackett and Humphrey as the main 2 CB. Add to that peltier, odoffin hall and mcart the move looked even better as a 20 game a season player.
    People were also slating peltier signing though the amount of games he's player last season and this have been unbelievable for a 37 year old and I can't remember many bad games from him
    Agree 100% with this . All hindsight. Warne brought Peltier and Hall to the club btw . Taylor liked working with them and offered them one year deals . Both get injured early on . Could and does happen to any player btw .People are just looking for someone to blame . Show some support instead of nit picking on everything the club do , or go shopping to Parkgate Saturday afternoons . You do have a choice.

I was an MT fan but one mistake he did make, and this is not a hindsight one, was not signing any full backs.
    That’s defenders , not wingbacks. Experienced ones not youngsters from prem teams who’ve hardly played a first team game.

The cship is far too unforgiving to have an inadequate back line and as we know only too well if we concede first it’s going to be difficult to get anything out of the game.
    Not only were the players we did sign injury prone they were also for similar positions.

And that's been the problem all along, players not wanting to come to a club that has little or no glamour with almost nailed on relegation, because we can't/won't offer the wages that are expected by even mediocre players at this level. We now seem to be rejected by would be managers for the same reasons. So what's left, apart from the sweeping ups that we get.

We all know what's gone wrong. Whose going to fix it I want to know? Richardson he's another make do manager not what we need. Peltier Hall Morrison should have gone same time as Wood all should have hung up their boots!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We all know what's gone wrong. Whose going to fix it I want to know? Richardson he's another make do manager not what we need. Peltier Hall Morrison should have gone same time as Wood all should have hung up their boots!
    That Peltier who is a 7/8 out of 10
    every time he plays for us .

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    It was definitely the right decision to get rid of Woody.

He is way past his best
    Sooner would have kept Wood than buy a player in Morrison well known for his injury history, so getting
    getting value for a player who would have played more games.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    That Peltier who is a 7/8 out of 10
    every time he plays for us .

Same Peltier who gave them their winner yesterday! He wouldn't get in another championship side.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    What makes you think green at the tine wanted to come??
    Or we could afford his contract demands
    Edmonds-Green not in the starting eleven for Huddersfield Town, enjoyed his stint with the Millers
    on loan, so he might have come to the NYS.
    We don't know his wage scale, so you don't know his contract demands.

What makes you think green at the tine wanted to come??
    Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Sorry elk I like most of your posts but this is posted from the knowledge we know now.
    Go back 12 month and MT was the type of manager most millers demanded. Pointing the finger at TS now for his actions that most fans wanted is out of order. TS has plenty of faults (mainly his mouth running away with himself) but employing MT wasn't one of them..
    Point the finger at Scott for his failure to give information to the manager is something you have made up in your head. You don't know this. You don't know we didn't approach reg. And he said no or if the Huddersfield manager said no.
    Signing Morrison on a pay as you play contract like most speculated was a good move especially with his experience and leader ability. Plus since we had Blackett and Humphrey as the main 2 CB. Add to that peltier, odoffin hall and mcart the move looked even better as a 20 game a season player.
    People were also slating peltier signing though the amount of games he's player last season and this have been unbelievable for a 37 year old and I can't remember many bad games from him
    We don't know the contract with Morrison, but Cardiff City offered him pay when you play contract, & would have offered
    a better wage than the Millers, so speculation is Morrison is on a full contract, without stipulation on getting paid when
    you play.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Agree 100% with this . All hindsight. Warne brought Peltier and Hall to the club btw . Taylor liked working with them and offered them one year deals . Both get injured early on . Could and does happen to any player btw .People are just looking for someone to blame . Show some support instead of nit picking on everything the club do , or go shopping to Parkgate Saturday afternoons . You do have a choice.
    I have been supporting the Millers 63 years, my family worked for the club, my father one of the original people
    who set up the supporters club, please don't come telling me show some support.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast