+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This forum.

I look at the site a couple of times a day. I only joined last year after reading the forum for years as a young Baggie. What I will add is that it can sometimes be difficult to scribe opposing views due to, (and I don’t wish to offend anyone) if one’s view differs then some posters can take offence.

For instance, I was there on Sunday but left with my wife and two children when trouble had started. This was all due to the abhorrent behavior of those morons who created the situation and those that involved themselves in it. I did not wish my young children to see it. I felt like making comment about on here but was reluctant to do so. (I won’t go into why as my view differs with regard to the way it was dealt with compared to others).

There are many football topics I would like to comment on but I have stood back as I have personally been subjected to a pretty hard time since joining.

I agree with Prando in regard to football topics being the ones I prefer to comment on. O/T subjects can be interesting but there are so many of us, all with different view, that it will always be a tinderbox waiting for the moment, particularly with regard to politics and religious matters.

I will add finally there has been little issue for a while now and we don’t have a Moderator so perhaps we are all being a little more guarded in what we post which in turn means we are collectively posting less.

Let’s hope the site pics up again.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    I look at the site a couple of times a day. I only joined last year after reading the forum for years as a young Baggie. What I will add is that it can sometimes be difficult to scribe opposing views due to, (and I don’t wish to offend anyone) if one’s view differs then some posters can take offence.

For instance, I was there on Sunday but left with my wife and two children when trouble had started. This was all due to the abhorrent behavior of those morons who created the situation and those that involved themselves in it. I did not wish my young children to see it. I felt like making comment about on here but was reluctant to do so. (I won’t go into why as my view differs with regard to the way it was dealt with compared to others).

There are many football topics I would like to comment on but I have stood back as I have personally been subjected to a pretty hard time since joining.

I agree with Prando in regard to football topics being the ones I prefer to comment on. O/T subjects can be interesting but there are so many of us, all with different view, that it will always be a tinderbox waiting for the moment, particularly with regard to politics and religious matters.

I will add finally there has been little issue for a while now and we don’t have a Moderator so perhaps we are all being a little more guarded in what we post which in turn means we are collectively posting less.

On balance that's an awful lot of words to say you're glad Mick doesn't post anymore and wish Al' would fk off again and close the door behind him on the way out 😂 😂 😂 😉 .

Don’t get why you would be reluctant to make comment on what happened at the match! I think 100% of those who witnessed the trouble would say those guilty were morons - I started a thread called - awful scenes - which mentioned this. Please explain yourself.

Many people look forward and not backwards as I too have received a lot of past abuse but hey - I don’t dwell on it. As Sir Tom Moore said - tomorrow will be a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    On balance that's an awful lot of words to say you're glad Mick doesn't post anymore and wish Al' would fk off again and close the door behind him on the way out 😂 😂 😂 😉 .
    I take absolute issue with that statement 68. I do not believe and I am quite sure that neither Mick or Al were in anyway whatsoever, involved in the trouble that was witnessed at the Hawthorns on Sunday last. 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Don’t get why you would be reluctant to make comment on what happened at the match! I think 100% of those who witnessed the trouble would say those guilty were morons - I started a thread called - awful scenes - which mentioned this. Please explain yourself.

Many people look forward and not backwards as I too have received a lot of past abuse but hey - I don’t dwell on it. As Sir Tom Moore said - tomorrow will be a good day.
    Al, I had no issue with the phrases used by yourself and others regarding those morons who shamed the club on Sunday. I just thought the Police officers use of batons was a fair response given the circumstances. My young ones and my good lady were not concerned to much if at all by the police officers action. They got what they deserved as it was the stupidity, evilness and cowardice of those who involved themselves that were the issue.

You Wrote
    “Scenes you don’t want to witness. I really felt sorry for families and small kids in tears especially when the riot police starting hitting individuals with batons.”

Reading again all of that you wrote, I see I may have misunderstood what you meant. The way I read it, i believed you thought it was wrong for the Police to use batons but now see it could have meant that it was acceptable but that it was unfortunate women and children had to witness it. Correct me if I am wrong.

I deal with much abuse through my role in working life I can assure you, it’s water off a ducks back. Why I tend to steer clear of posts is based on the fact the board is better if there is no animosity between its contributors.

For the record we are now unlikely to go up to the Hawthorns this weekend and that is due to the problems last Sunday. I’m sort of content with that as it is a way to go and I have a busy work schedule the following week. I can now spend more time preparing for it.
    Last edited by On Balance; 31-01-2024 at 04:04 PM.

Al, I had no issue with the phrases used by yourself and others regarding those morons who shamed the club on Sunday. I just thought the Police officers use of batons was a fair response given the circumstances. My young ones and my good lady were not concerned to much if at all by the police officers action. They got what they deserved as it was the stupidity, evilness and cowardice of those who involved themselves that were the issue.

You Wrote
    “Scenes you don’t want to witness. I really felt sorry for families and small kids in tears especially when the riot police starting hitting individuals with batons.”

Reading again all of that you wrote, I see I may have misunderstood what you meant. The way I read it, i believed you thought it was wrong for the Police to use batons but now see it could have meant that it was acceptable but that it was unfortunate women and children had to witness it. Correct me if I am wrong.

I deal with much abuse through my role in working life I can assure you, it’s water off a ducks back. Why I tend to steer clear of posts is based on the fact the board is better if there is no animosity between its contributors.

For the record we are now unlikely to go up to the Hawthorns this weekend and that is due to the problems last Sunday. I’m sort of content with that as it is a way to go and I have a busy work schedule the following week. I can now spend more time preparing for it.

You misunderstood OB. The use of batons on the morons was right and justified. The only thing I would add is when innocent people and families are trapped care needs to be taken.

Don’t blame you for not going on Saturday and my own daughter was asking to come to a match. After my wife saw all the scenes on television she said there’s no way my daughter will ever go now.

Best wishes for your preparation for the week and spend quality time with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    That tickled.....
    Stop that '68..

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    That tickled.....
    Stop that '68..

Don’t encourage him Dubbag. 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    That tickled.....
    Stop that '68..

68’s getting a couple of pints at Hull as he might be getting my play off final tickets at Wembley 😂

To be fair the forum is still going strong if you look in comparison at others. The Vile and Dingle sites barely see a couple of posters. Other sites seem dead too except for Newcastle and Leeds.

Regis, Blood and BS - where are you??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)