+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Rathbone was simply dreadful today. He has been honking for months .

It's since Cafu took his duties away from him. Rathbone used to take a lot of the free kicks etc but now Cafu has taken over but not improved things at all. Ollie probably thinks "why should I bother?"

It would be good to have a video update this evening from Stewart Towers to see how this fits in with our Premiere League trajectory.

Rathbone was simply dreadful today. He has been honking for months .
    I concur his first touches were poor but he eventually got more into the game. Looking at him and Cafu today, I'd still rather see Rathbone start.

Why didn't Wyke play?

Hugill abysmal.

Before anyone says , he gets no service etc, I am taking about the times today when he had the ball at his feet. He either gets tackled, falls over, fails to see a pass or gives it away.

A strikers first instinct should be to get in the box, or protect the ball. His first though is to win a foul.

Not fit to wear the shirt

Pay him up and f**k him off
    Didn't you say he was going to come good and score 20 goals or something?

Hugill abysmal.

Before anyone says , he gets no service etc, I am taking about the times today when he had the ball at his feet. He either gets tackled, falls over, fails to see a pass or gives it away.

A strikers first instinct should be to get in the box, or protect the ball. His first though is to win a foul.

Not fit to wear the shirt

Pay him up and f**k him off
    Today was the final straw with me supporting Hugill. How many times did he hit the ground? Why hasn't someone said something to him about keeping upright? He needs to dish it out and give it back like Smith use to instead.

It would be very hard to pay him up with the wage he is on. I'm sure I read somewhere before, that if we got relegated he had a clause in his contract saying he could leave......I think that's what I read? I may be wrong so don't count on that being 100% correct.

Said before and after the stoke game. Why Richardson trys playing a defensive away formation at home is baffling..

Playing wingbacks when you only have 25% of the play is basically playing with 5 defenders. Add to that 2 holding midfielders and 2 midfielders who don't have the legs or pace to get forward means we have no outlet.

I get Richardson wants to play more football and a passing game though we need the players to be able to do it. To me Taylor was right. Nobody could get more out of the players we have... I'm not one of these who want to change the manager every time we loose a hand full of games and imo MT should have had till may.
    This season has gone, Let's go down, let him get some players he wants and imo he
    gets to Xmas, by then we will know how good Richardson is...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Didn't you say he was going to come good and score 20 goals or something?
    No, I took the bet up with ibs that Hugill would score 10 goals this season. I will honour my wager with ibs at the end of the season.....there's hope yet.........

Hugill is awful, he just walks around, yes he does ok in the air, but lacks desire to get in the box, he did well the once he moved his lazy a***. It is his constant fouling, how stupid do you have to be. In the 2nd half he had a simple layoff and passed it between our two players then just stood there. It isn’t that I dislike him, he just doesn’t deliver I think he can do better

Game started with a cringeworthy Bachelor Boy and went downhill from there.

Mind you according to the BBC:-

Their 16th loss of the season means Rotherham, facing Southampton in the league for the first time since the 1965-66 campaign, have now won just once in their last 18 games and are 12 points adrift of 21st-placed Huddersfield.

So our 1-1 draw back in October is null and void and we have to play them again

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast