+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

"I feel sorry for that Professor who lost his job for shagging during the lockdown. He should've just said he was worried his p3n!s had stopped working and he wanted to double check."

Cummings: “I didn’t think it was reasonable to ask a friend to expose themselves to a deadly virus, when a 17-year-old niece had offered to do it for me.”
    Piers Morgan: "So literally prepared to kill his niece"

Frankie Boyle, during the live transmission: "Cummings genuinely baffled for a second there at Johnson being described as his boss"

From The Telegraph......

Also from The Telegraph......

One newly-elected Red Wall Tory could not have assessed the damage more starkly when he said on Monday: “My constituents are furious. They all saw Boris as someone who understood ordinary people but that’s disappeared overnight.

“Now they are saying he is just another stereotypical self-serving Tory who says it’s one rule for us and another for the rest of them.

“Popularity comes and goes, but if you lose the public’s trust, it’s so difficult to get it back.”

What makes Mr Johnson’s dilemma even more frustrating for those who know him well is the lack of faith he has demonstrated in his own abilities by keeping Mr Cummings on.

“He says he owes it all to Cummings,” says one senior Tory source. “But the country didn’t vote for Cummings, they voted for Boris.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-common-touch/

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... Barney Castle, as it is known locally, is not a beauty spot.
    Sorry but no, it's known locally simply as 'Barney' and there's many a fine beauty spot both within and within spitting distance of this fine market town, so beloved by Charles Dickens and the artist JMW Turner, including the ruined castle itself, Eggleston Abbey, the bridge over to Startforth, walks besdie the Tees and, of course, the spectacular French-chateau-inspired Bowes Museum. It's well worth a visit, especially on market day.

I don't recommend wearing a 'beanie' hat if visiting though.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-05-2020 at 09:19 PM.

... ok yes, Barney. Special for some; not me ...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Sorry but no, it's known locally simply as 'Barney' and there's many a fine beauty spot both within and within spitting distance of this fine market town, so beloved by Charles Dickens, including the ruined castle itself, Eggleston Abbey, the bridge over to Startforth, walks besdie the Tees and, of course, the spectacular French-chateau-inspired Bowes Museum. It's well worth a visit, especially on market day.

I don't recommend wearing a 'beanie' hat if visiting though.
    It's also the location of a large pharmaceutical factory, linked with the manufacture of a Covid-19 vaccine and recently fined many millions for bribery, which adversely impacted on the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's also the location of a large pharmaceutical factory, linked with the manufacture of a Covid-19 vaccine and recently fined many millions for bribery, which adversely impacted on the NHS.
    Yes indeed. I used to drive past it almost daily. I thought it was the company (Glaxo SmithKline) that was fined for something in China though, not this particular plant? Anyhow, it's a great little town regardless.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-05-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Yes indeed. I used to drive past it almost daily.
    Two days after Cummings was spotted in the area, GlaxoSmithKline of Barnard Castle signed an agreement to develop and manufacture a Covid-19 vaccine with Sanofi of France.

Just a coincidence though, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Two days after Cummings was spotted in the area, GlaxoSmithKline of Barnard Castle signed an agreement to develop and manufacture a Covid-19 vaccine with Sanofi of France.

Just a coincidence though, obviously.
    Haha, yes clearly. Nothing to see here m'lud.

Haha, yes clearly. Nothing to see here m'lud.
    Glaxo fined £37.6m for 'illegal behaviour' over Seroxat deals "that resulted in higher costs for the NHS."
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...aviour-seroxat

Also paid $3 BILLION in a a Fraud Settlement back in 2012.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/03/b...ettlement.html

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    A correct assessment Gumpty. I'm off now until the end of June when I hope to return and comment on the final death throes of the remainer w@nkers. Yes indeed *shock horror* by the media which will be repeated at the end of June. I'm loving it.
    Too right seriouspie, let those lefty losers and unpatriotic remainers suck it up. Just look at our response to coronavirus under our great leader Boris, he showed those bloody Germans how we brave Brits tackle a crisis.

He did show them, didn't he?

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast