+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    After the 2016 vote, the recent EU mep vote the fairest way would be to reaffirm for a third time via an immediate GE that the public still wants to leave. Nothing's changed since 2016 in that respect.

If I were Bozzer I would be making a pact with the Brexit Party to attract a sizeable portion of Labour voters who refuse to vote Tory. Get this embarrassing delay put to bed and shut up the MP,s with hidden agenda,s trying to further their own careers.

Labour would end up as third or fourth in the opposition rankings and hopefully we would see an end to the hapless desperate corbyn, the racist Dianne Abbott and the angry selfish Emily Thornberry.
    This country needs a strong opposition to challenge Bozzers antics but we won't get it with those people hanging around Labour
    The reason I think we will end up remaining in the EU is because no matter what we say, the Brexit voting public of places like Rotherham will still vote Labour yet there will be many conservative areas who could well be swayed to lib dems because of their pro EU views.

People of Rotherham who want to leave the EU will vote labour even though Emily Thornberry said that if labour got into power they would negotiate a deal with the EU and then she would campaign against it in a people's vote.
    Last edited by Shark27; 06-09-2019 at 09:39 PM.

What happens if the EU won’t grant an extension. ?
    Let’s face it they’ve had us by the balls ever since we started negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Then we leave without a deal.

I think we should do a Gina Miller and get a court order to abolish the recent law that says we can't leave the EU without a deal as it is not taking into consideration that the EU could push us into leaving without a deal so the law is pointless.

Where do I stand Kerr?

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    They only had us by the balls because Remain weakened our bargaining position.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    They had us by the balls when the Conservatives chose that traitor May to represent us.

No Kerr because my option wasn't on the ballot paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    The reason I think we will end up remaining in the EU is because no matter what we say, the Brexit voting public of places like Rotherham will still vote Labour yet there will be many conservative areas who could well be swayed to lib dems because of their pro EU views.

People of Rotherham who want to leave the EU will vote labour even though Emily Thornberry said that if labour got into power they would negotiate a deal with the EU and then she would campaign against it in a people's vote.
    you are quite right bout the thick Rotherham Labour voters. You only have to look at the child abuse scandal and what happened there. They still voted in the local Labour Council again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    To have a bargaining position you need to intend to do a deal.

Cummings has no intention of doing a deal - his aim is to leave without a deal. Everyone knows that! The 'weakening our hand' is just a front.

Also, let's say that if Cummings wanted a deal, and the only thing discussed is the time limiting of the backstop, would you then be happy for it to be voted through? Evidence is that this still would satisfy the eurosceptips who lets face it now control the party, and only want a clean break

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Blair's back in the picture directing them, won't be long before his protege Starmer takes over and they'll be flooded with neoliberal lawyers again.
    I thought your general angst was that Labour was being controlled by a far left extremist and that they needed a 'voice of sanity' to make us more electable?

Have you ever done one of those online questionnaires where you put in your general values and beliefs and it tells you which party most matches yourself? I did it a while ago and came out Greens! Why not vote for them? We could meet up at their conferences, go Wetherspoons together?

Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast