+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Well, yes to the last part.

But when we've been defending like disorientated toddlers wearing diving flippers, I'd have thought that a free weekend would be an ideal time to get some serious work on the training pitch to try to alleviate some of the problems.

I'm sure if he felt he just had to watch his big team in the cup somebody at Cormack Park could've sorted him out with a massive screen and a cairry oot.

Bad optics.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Bad optics.

They sponsor the referees don't they?

Goodwin eventually admits what we all knew already.

The players, when he told them they were leaving, went into a sulk.

Starting no doubt with Brown who he had to get out of the club quickly.

Well min, I said it was a mistake at the time but at least you've come out and admitted it.

Onwards and upwards, I look forward to a heap of signings over the new few weeks of players that I have never heard of but are at least intriguing.

Oh aye, and reading that Gallacher and especially Bates have left the club.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 15-05-2022 at 07:14 PM.

According to something that just flashed across my screen, Goodwin confirms he’s chasing the Wolves’ boy that St Love St had on loan. If he’s any good, there’ll be competition for him from wealthier clubs than us. I fear this may be the case for several targets, and that we may end up with a squad of ‘honest pros’ and ‘journeymen’ next season. I hope I’m wrong.

The last thing we need is a spate of "nearly" signings followed by struggling away trying to to persuade second and third choices to come to Pittodrie.

I'm going to be positive and assume that hands have been shaken already on the major part of the rebuild.

Look East young man, look East.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Goodwin eventually admits what we all knew already.

The players, when he told them they were leaving, went into a sulk.

Starting no doubt with Brown who he had to get out of the club quickly.

Well min, I said it was a mistake at the time but at least you've come out and admitted it.
    Should he have misled them & waited for the end of season to make the revelation..

He did the right thing IMO

Now we will see if he can build a team.
    Maybe there are more like Barron coming from our world calss training facilities. I hope so.

The boy Harvey looked quite bright when he came on today.

Whatever happened to Craig Storie, tipped to be a Simmie-type ‘enforcer’?

.... Or Stephen Payne - the 'next Beckham' ... Aberdeen --} QOS --} Stranraer --} ??

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    According to something that just flashed across my screen, Goodwin confirms he’s chasing the Wolves’ boy that St Love St had on loan. If he’s any good, there’ll be competition for him from wealthier clubs than us. I fear this may be the case for several targets, and that we may end up with a squad of ‘honest pros’ and ‘journeymen’ next season. I hope I’m wrong.
    Being 5'5" (and a bit) myself I'm obviously not against sma players, however if we did sign him then next season we have him, Barron, Hayes and Besuijen as possible starters. Looking kinda sma against a league o hammer throwers

There was nothing soft about Billy Bremner.

Obviously, being 6' 2" myself and in perfect shape, I see the advantages of height and physicality but I really think it's over rated in fitba.

We're s'hite at corners anyway.

Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast