+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 11.05.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't really know what the "Burchnall Bandwagon" is. If it's desperately wanting him to win every game and be a success, then I was on board from the minute he was appointed. If it's proclaiming that he is a brilliant appointment and will lead us to success, I haven't seen enough to get my ticket just yet.
    Think that's a perfect summing up from my point of view too Elite.

I don't really know what the "Burchnall Bandwagon" is. If it's desperately wanting him to win every game and be a success, then I was on board from the minute he was appointed. If it's proclaiming that he is a brilliant appointment and will lead us to success, I haven't seen enough to get my ticket just yet.
    It's just folks who are prepared to go push all their chips into the middle of the table on the new manager. No waiting and seeing, "all in baby". Probably foolish, certainly brave but hopefully fun to fully back the manager early with minimal rollercoaster behaviour along the way.

When you have seen enough, and want a ticket to climb aboard just let me know Elite

It's great to see a few of critics on here since IBs arrival quickly reassess following the last half dozen games. Not sure if they are now on the fence or on the bandwagon? Either way it's all positive.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's just folks who are prepared to go push all their chips into the middle of the table on the new manager. No waiting and seeing, "all in baby". Probably foolish, certainly brave but hopefully fun to fully back the manager early with minimal rollercoaster behaviour along the way.

When you have seen enough, and want a ticket to climb aboard just let me know Elite

It's great to see a few of critics on here since IBs arrival quickly reassess following the last half dozen games. Not sure if they are now on the fence or on the bandwagon? Either way it's all positive.
    I'm on the fence. As I am with every manager until they've proved themselves over a period of time, or have instant success with an immediate positive outcome like Steve Cotterill. Supported Notts for far too long to get on any band wagons.

That's completely different to wanting a manager to succeed. That's always there, whether it's Jimmy Sirrel, Steve Thompson, Jamie Fullarton or Ian Burchnall

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I'm on the fence. As I am with every manager until they've proved themselves over a period of time, or have instant success with an immediate positive outcome like Steve Cotterill. Supported Notts for far too long to get on any band wagons.

That's completely different to wanting a manager to succeed. That's always there, whether it's Jimmy Sirrel, Steve Thompson, Jamie Fullarton or Ian Burchnall
    Just as IB wasn’t a terrible manager because we were on a bad run of form, he isn’t a genius now because we’re on a good one. We can’t make a proper judgement until this kind of time next year, even if he gets us promoted or we miss out on the play-offs altogether. The signs are quite promising though IMO.

It does hopefully stop the embarrassing idea we’ve appointed some kind of imposter because he’s come from Sweden rather than League Two, though.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "fully back the manager". I really want him to succeed and be here for a long time, but I can't proclaim him as the messiah yet. I don't know whether that counts as fully backing him or not.

And that's my whole point. The sensible and correct approach is to allow a sufficient period of time to judge the good the bad and the ugly.

Obviously football fans, NCM and social media doesn't often follow this reasonable considered approach hence all the negative and critical comments I've read regarding IB and that Mace's hit piece monotonous monologue on Magpie Circle.

Downplaying his achievements in Scandinavia, questioning is managerial record, calling him a PE teacher, questioning his ability and suitability as he's never played football as a professional, because he's young, because he has no experience in NL, doesn't look at the interviewer, doesn't smile or get excited enough, interrupts a clearly pointed leading question from BBC Radio Nottingham , something about the coat he wears etc. He's no better than Ardley, he's just the same, nothings changed, we should have stuck with Ardley etc.

All of the above within weeks, literally weeks of walking in the door. As Jacob rightly mentions above you can't judge him strongly either way this early. I'm anti-rollercoaster when it comes to football.

As I said 'The Fence' is the right to place be on IB at this point in time. But it's dull, safe and I don't want splinters or the opportunity to remember my past comments differently as things change

The alternative is to be on the Burchnall Bandwagon or pelting it from the sidelines with pitchfork in hand. I've made my decision, as have others, early.

11:07am 25/03/21

Choooo choooo

And that's my whole point. The sensible and correct approach is to allow a sufficient period of time to judge the good the bad and the ugly.

Obviously football fans, NCM and social media doesn't often follow this reasonable considered approach hence all the negative and critical comments I've read regarding IB and that Mace's hit piece monotonous monologue on Magpie Circle.

Downplaying his achievements in Scandinavia, questioning is managerial record, calling him a PE teacher, questioning his ability and suitability as he's never played football as a professional, because he's young, because he has no experience in NL, doesn't look at the interviewer, doesn't smile or get excited enough, interrupts a clearly pointed leading question from BBC Radio Nottingham , something about the coat he wears etc. He's no better than Ardley, he's just the same, nothings changed, we should have stuck with Ardley etc.

All of the above within weeks, literally weeks of walking in the door. As Jacob rightly mentions above you can't judge him strongly either way this early. I'm anti-rollercoaster when it comes to football.

As I said 'The Fence' is the right to place be on IB at this point in time. But it's dull, safe and I don't want splinters or the opportunity to remember my past comments differently as things change

The alternative is to be on the Burchnall Bandwagon or pelting it from the sidelines with pitchfork in hand. I've made my decision, as have others, early.

11:07am 25/03/21

Choooo choooo
    I'll stick with what I've always done - if I think what I see is good I'll say so, if I think what I see is bad I'll say so. Some may see that as rollercoaster, I see it as a rational viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Somebody should show Aguero, and a number of other Premier league players, that is how to take a penalty

Don't need mind games, or watching which way the goalie is balanced, just kick it where he can't get to it.

Nice to see JOB unleashed and hope it continues. A bit of a strange interview with him though - as though he wanted to say something but thought the better of it.

I'll stick with what I've always done - if I think what I see is good I'll say so, if I think what I see is bad I'll say so. Some may see that as rollercoaster, I see it as a rational viewpoint.
    Nobody should see that approach as 'rollercoaster' seems very sensible.

It'll never catch on lol

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast