+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    "becoming"?
    Come back Geets
    😄

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Are you gru's apprentice? Your relentless sniping at our manager is becoming tedious ☹️
    It’s not sniping it’s just surprise that he’s still with us.

Good track record, well regarded in the game, but according to some not backed by his chairman on the transfer front.

Surely somebody has made enquiries official or otherwise?

Like I say, surprised he’s still here

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There’s a belief that Smith and Ihiekwe are both “ scared” of playing in the Championship and prefer the standard in league 1 ( which they are suited to and know)

Maybe the same applies to Warne, happier with a club of Rotherham’s stature than risking it with a bigger club

Who knows, Warne could be dangerous with money to spend, could buy a lot of flops. At Rotherham that eventuality is taken away from him.
    Or could buy alot off potential and turn them into internationals with million pound price tag line he has done.

Just think instead off relying on freebies low budget signings what he could achieve with money to spend

Players want to play highest standard going.

They went for the money nothing else.

Irs there last pay day it's purely money.

You got to have self belief to play in front off thousands off people.

There not scared at all.

It's the payday

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s not sniping it’s just surprise that he’s still with us.

Good track record, well regarded in the game, but according to some not backed by his chairman on the transfer front.

Surely somebody has made enquiries official or otherwise?

Like I say, surprised he’s still here
    Maybe he will go for only the right club.

Why swap one struggling championship team for another.

Maybe Tony Stewart wants to much money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Darren Moore is a crap football manager. I think their late run last season is the exception and not the rule for that bellend.

Both players were out of contract and have signed deals that will make them financially secure. You can't blame them.

Even if it doesn't work out and I sincerely hope it doesn't, they will still walk away with a nice payoff and then go and sign for someone else. It's modern day football.

There's been very little movement in the transfer market and the loan market is only starting.

We need to invest in a team that will produce a different playing style but retain the work ethic. Let's not go like for like. Definitely need a couple of experienced championship performers who are out of contract. We won't see this type of player until August. Especially with our budget.

When a playing contract runs out on the 30th June, if a player does not secure a new contract by the 31st July at another club, he gets paid for July. A player is going to wait if he is signing for a lot less money at a new club.
    I think we could get some decent players to sign for us at championship level, but the big stumbling block is that their wages go down on a sliding scale if we are relegated, which we usually have been in recent seasons.
    Our club cant commit financial suicide by paying championship wages in league 1 if we do go down, so it makes it harder for us to bring in a couple of decent championship players to try and stay in that division. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Bloody ek DP you must have been suicidal when we signed M.Smith from Bury res.
    Haha funnily enough I was quite positive about the Smith signing. I'm normally a happy clapper as they say on here, I think yesterday just stung a little too much and I was determined to miserable!

Today is a brand new day and the focus now is on us. I still don't think Eaves is the answer. I'm thinking Warne is hoping he can unlock that form he showed in his 2 seasons at Gillingham and put it into practice in the Championship. I just worry that he's one of those players that had a couple of wonder seasons in the lower leagues but has been found out at Championship level. I guess you could say he's the Cole Stockton of 3 seasons ago, only Stockton is still waiting for his chance to see whether he can cut it at this level. I just hope that us bringing Eaves in isn't a case of RUFC not wanting to speculate on Stocktons potential and instead going for a freebie in the hope that we can do something with him that Hull couldn't.

Very happy with the Kioso signing and hoping for a few more in the next few days

Weds are dong an Ipswich of last year - bringing players in left, right, front and centre. As Ipswich found out, no guarantee of success. Smudge may not get the regular starts there that he had with us - think they're after Wilks as well. After all the prevaricating I expected them to leave. Okay, we have a limited budget but Luton have shown that it's possible to mix it and do well with clubs with significantly more financial clout in the Championship, which is encouraging. Recruiting well is the key for us. Speaking of Luton, a certain Danny Hylton, deemed not good enough for us in L1, now plays for Luton and has certainly rattled the goals in for them - you don't always need millions in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Weds are dong an Ipswich of last year - bringing players in left, right, front and centre. As Ipswich found out, no guarantee of success. Smudge may not get the regular starts there that he had with us - think they're after Wilks as well. After all the prevaricating I expected them to leave. Okay, we have a limited budget but Luton have shown that it's possible to mix it and do well with clubs with significantly more financial clout in the Championship, which is encouraging. Recruiting well is the key for us. Speaking of Luton, a certain Danny Hylton, deemed not good enough for us in L1, now plays for Luton and has certainly rattled the goals in for them - you don't always need millions in the bank
    He’s just signed for Northampton Town

This comment about it being a guaranteed payday?? Not true, if Wednesday financial situation gets to not paying wages and they go under the contracts are worth pennies in the pound. Smith will not be a success at the pigs and I don't imagine he is a player that likes to sit in the stand on a saturday, he will go out on loan in January as a failure, good riddence we only want players that want to wear the Rotherham shirt.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast