+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith (H) 16th Dec

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Can already see some hysteria to the result

Firstly though we obviously missed Docherty again at home and we've failed to win every one he's missed, got to be a priority to get a centre mid and a striker in January, we need a bit more depth

As for the game, was nothing in the game, Walton had one save to make from Stanton's header, and of course Easton's goal which should few been blocked despite his good feet, we had two men there, Dabrowski had to make a couple very good saves from Mochrie and Moult, they also had a few very decent blocks to stop us equalising, they had a wee spell at the start of the second half and the was it, we huffed and puffed but were comfortable defensively but we badly missed Doc both on and off the ball

Credit to them today theyve beat us and stopped us scoring but hope the manager and players watched the reaction of them at the end and use it for the games ahead, starting Friday night, you'd think they'd won it already, I think we are more capable of going on to win it but we must get back on track right away and keep the pressure on until we catch up our game in hand, they are going to drop pts and we need to take advantage, we are the Friday game the next two rounds so play first so need to do the business and not forget what we've done before today and that we aren't half way through yet, two more head to heads to come
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Watts attitude is f*cking horrendous. The way he was acting towards the fans in the ET as he was warming up, as if in disbelief at the fact he wasn't starting. Completely undermining the manager. The c*nt needs to f*ck off and take his attitude with him. I'd stick him in the 18's with the Aussie.
    yeah i noticed that, shrugging his shoulders as if to say its his fault not mine im not playing. What a Dick!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    The feel good factor a short month ago has now evaporated. With this squad, and this manager we were always going to hit a sticky period, pity it happened in the cup, then again, we are in not condition to go to Aberdeen/Hibs even Dens far less Glasgow so might be a blessing, this team have a very fragile confidence.

This is certainly not a top tier team, but we need a 2nd tier team and we certainly have that! 😂 All kidding aside, we need to bring in a few hungry players in January, but loads of time to get the job done.
    But where are the signs that the job will get done?
    We are now in mid December,not October
    The likeliehood,at this stage,is that Raith Rovers will win this league
    If that happened this United squad would struggle in the play offs ultimately

The gap between the defence and midfield today was CRIMINAL

Sibbald would pick it up and no one to pass to - all 4 pushing up against Raith back line

Need seriously more threat in the attacking third

No urgency

Total disgrace

Come on United sort it out

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    The gap between the defence and midfield today was CRIMINAL

Sibbald would pick it up and no one to pass to - all 4 pushing up against Raith back line

Need seriously more threat in the attacking third

No urgency

Total disgrace

Come on United sort it out
    Nah, everything is gonna work out just fine if we just keep clapping, did you not get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by JUMPERZ View Post
    But where are the signs that the job will get done?
    We are now in mid December,not October
    The likeliehood,at this stage,is that Raith Rovers will win this league
    If that happened this United squad would struggle in the play offs ultimately
    All fair points Jumperz, but to be fair we have lost 1 game and are in mid December, that's a title challenge. Fair play to RR, they have the right squad of players and the right manager and are greater than the sum of their parts. They will hit a difficult period, we need to be sure we keep going and not buckle the way we have in recent weeks. Friday is massive.

How many times have we had the big crowd for a key game and we fail to deliver? I hope Friday we play the game not the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Raith have shown they can put a lengthy winning run together, we haven't because we can't. Too many egos and not enough effort or application. Don't even get me started on Goodwin,an expert in failure.
    We have shown that , however , today was completely unacceptable, for me today was down to Goodwin , tactics were wrong from the start , also showed the shortcomings of our squad

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Can already see some hysteria to the result

Firstly though we obviously missed Docherty again at home and we've failed to win every one he's missed, got to be a priority to get a centre mid and a striker in January, we need a bit more depth

As for the game, was nothing in the game, Walton had one save to make from Stanton's header, and of course Easton's goal which should few been blocked despite his good feet, we had two men there, Dabrowski had to make a couple very good saves from Mochrie and Moult, they also had a few very decent blocks to stop us equalising, they had a wee spell at the start of the second half and the was it, we huffed and puffed but were comfortable defensively but we badly missed Doc both on and off the ball

Credit to them today theyve beat us and stopped us scoring but hope the manager and players watched the reaction of them at the end and use it for the games ahead, starting Friday night, you'd think they'd won it already, I think we are more capable of going on to win it but we must get back on track right away and keep the pressure on until we catch up our game in hand, they are going to drop pts and we need to take advantage, we are the Friday game the next two rounds so play first so need to do the business and not forget what we've done before today and that we aren't half way through yet, two more head to heads to come
    I'm going to disagree with you on that, I thought they schooled us today, clearly set out to contain us shooting down the slope first half, take the sting out the game, probably expected an onslaught, never came. We are so predictable at the moment, everything just goes down the left, and we never looked like scoring all afternoon. They came out for about 15 mins second half and created as much as we created the whole game, scored, and just reverted to original game plan, and we never looked like scoring in a million years, a couple of long shots, and that was it. I was nervous about today, but can't believe we never put them under any serious pressure, the reaction to going behind was woeful. One thing I will agree, cant afford to let this result derail us, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    yeah i noticed that, shrugging his shoulders as if to say it’s his fault not mine im not playing. What a Dick!
    Jesus **** , there was a lot more wrong today than that and that’s what you moan about ???? , unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    We have shown that , however , today was completely unacceptable, for me today was down to Goodwin , tactics were wrong from the start , also showed the shortcomings of our squad
    Raith have won their last 7 games, we showed that when exactly?

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)