+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 200 of 235 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I'm confused by all this. The Tories said the NHS would get an extra £350 million EVERY WEEK if we left the EU? That's an EXTRA £1.4 Billion every month. But folk can't get an appointment with their GP never mind an XRay.

Where's the dosh gone? It was true wasn't it?
    I used to work for the NHS and any time they received "extra funding" a massive percentage of that money went into the pension pots. By the time the money filtered down to front line services there wasn't a huge amount left. Frustrates me like phuck when I think about the high earners having their pensions secured - especially since most of them are not health professionals.

Studies suggesting that previous strains had a 1.5% hospital admission and this one has a 2.5% hospital admission...given that this strain has been ripping through the country..you can see why we need to try and slow its transmission! With hospital admissions normally being 14 days after catching the virus, then we are gonna be pummelled 2 weeks after christmas! With that in mind, we are probably not going to see much effect from these actions until the end of January...so I think we might not see a match in a stadium until Feb at the earliest! Stay safe folks!

Society (so the governments and scientists) need to sort out a way to live with this virus. It's coming up for 2 years and they have failed to do that.

I don't know what the answers are but the current state of affairs is just no way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Society (so the governments and scientists) need to sort out a way to live with this virus. It's coming up for 2 years and they have failed to do that.

I don't know what the answers are but the current state of affairs is just no way to live.
    post of the day

Sadly the cure vaccine we need for this was said at the start of this to be 10 years away. I thought we were heading to an acceptable way of life, but i have the feeling those that are unvaccinated are holding us back, and as much as i detest stopping peoples right to live the way they see fit, maybe this needs to be looked at.

I think we are actually getting closer to that day. That may seem an odd thing to say in the current climate but here me out.

The most deadly strain of COVID was Delta but in UK apart from mask wearing in some public settings life largely looked more normal. This was because of the relatively low hospitalisations and deaths as can be seen in chart below. Vaccinations were working.

What has happened with Omicron is a new strain that is highly transmittable that has come up very quickly. Health professionals and scientists are understandably concerned about a sudden increase in cases and the impact this will have thus they have either panicked or being cautious depending on ones position.

The reality is this new strain appears to be fairly mild which demonstrates the trajectory of COVID is to be less harmful but this wasn't certain until more data has been collected. Signs are looking good.

As immunity continues to build through vaccination and infections (a lot of people will catch this strain) COVID should become less of a blight on our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    I think we are actually getting closer to that day. That may seem an odd thing to say in the current climate but here me out.

The most deadly strain of COVID was Delta but in UK apart from mask wearing in some public settings life largely looked more normal. This was because of the relatively low hospitalisations and deaths as can be seen in chart below. Vaccinations were working.

What has happened with Omicron is a new strain that is highly transmittable that has come up very quickly. Health professionals and scientists are understandably concerned about a sudden increase in cases and the impact this will have thus they have either panicked or being cautious depending on ones position.

The reality is this new strain appears to be fairly mild which demonstrates the trajectory of COVID is to be less harmful but this wasn't certain until more data has been collected. Signs are looking good.

As immunity continues to build through vaccination and infections (a lot of people will catch this strain) COVID should become less of a blight on our lives.
    They reckon the vaccinated who catch Covid will go on to have 1000 times the level of antibodies in their system than those who haven't caught it.

On what you say, Omicron is supposed to have a much sharper incline, but also a much quicker decline, in cases. South Africa is showing us this by the fact they seem to be coming out of their Omicron wave already, less than 2 months after it surfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    They reckon the vaccinated who catch Covid will go on to have 1000 times the level of antibodies in their system than those who haven't caught it.
    Which protect you against what though? Some new strain that hasn't even been thought of yet? This constant catch up isn't really working, we need a fundamental shift in perspective that will protect society long term.

Which protect you against what though? Some new strain that hasn't even been thought of yet? This constant catch up isn't really working, we need a fundamental shift in perspective that will protect society long term.
    The common cold I think? 😜

Reported by the London based BBC correspondent who is self isolating, that an early study in Scotland is saying the expected number of Omicron patients in hospital should be 47, but only 15 have actually been admitted!

Take from that what you will!

Page 200 of 235 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)