+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 203 of 235 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by VanDerHoorn View Post
    Yeah wrong numbers. Actually 6000 in hospital at the moment https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Whatever the number the principle is the same; instead of restrictions to keep the NHS at capacity it would be more logical to increase NHS capacity,
    Bud, the figure you have quoted is a daily figure of admissions and the total number in hospital i am seeing is 8008, although it is the BBC that is reporting that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

I do agree with the principle of what you are getting at, but how do you increase capacity? It frustrates me when i hear politicians expecting someone to click their fingers and all of a sudden, all those Nurses and Doctors that have been trained over the years can magically turn up and set the equipment to work.

The harsh reality is that we only got through Wave 1 by releasing final year nurses early, retired ones coming back and cancelling the majority of all other activities. Now the NHS is still trying to operate as much as normal, it does not have as many final year nurses because their education has been interrupted, the retirees are split between the vaccine effort and retired again, and there has been so many nurses leaving that getting all the migrant nurses back would not put a dent in the shortfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Bud, the figure you have quoted is a daily figure of admissions and the total number in hospital i am seeing is 8008, although it is the BBC that is reporting that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

I do agree with the principle of what you are getting at, but how do you increase capacity? It frustrates me when i hear politicians expecting someone to click their fingers and all of a sudden, all those Nurses and Doctors that have been trained over the years can magically turn up and set the equipment to work.

The harsh reality is that we only got through Wave 1 by releasing final year nurses early, retired ones coming back and cancelling the majority of all other activities. Now the NHS is still trying to operate as much as normal, it does not have as many final year nurses because their education has been interrupted, the retirees are split between the vaccine effort and retired again, and there has been so many nurses leaving that getting all the migrant nurses back would not put a dent in the shortfall!
    I think the point being made is one of policy not the practical details of how to do it. It won't be an easy thing and I don't think anyone is even suggesting that but it seems to me the only feasible way of regaining the normality we once knew.

In the mail this morning an invitation for my 4th jag in early January!.There really isna any end to this is there?.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think the point being made is one of policy not the practical details of how to do it. It won't be an easy thing and I don't think anyone is even suggesting that but it seems to me the only feasible way of regaining the normality we once knew.
    I dont understand what you are getting at?

Ive replied regarding bed capacity increase which is a drift from the posters original point. I would love to see the beds that are already there being used for everyone needing Covid care and all the operations that people require, but the manpower is simply not there.

If you are on about changing policy with the way we are living our lives just now, i hope you have picked up that i think the current restrictions are a massive over-reaction and believe to a point that we need to be growing these bigger baws and living our lives to the extent that we can.

People need to get vaccinated as that is keeping people out of hospital and reducing transmission. If you are unlucky enough to go to hospital, there is an anti-viral drug available that may be a game changer. So i dont think there needs to be a policy change, i just think those in power need to loose this tendency to over-react, and as far as i hate the idea, do something about those that are gambling by not taking the vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont understand what you are getting at?

Ive replied regarding bed capacity increase which is a drift from the posters original point. I would love to see the beds that are already there being used for everyone needing Covid care and all the operations that people require, but the manpower is simply not there.

If you are on about changing policy with the way we are living our lives just now, i hope you have picked up that i think the current restrictions are a massive over-reaction and believe to a point that we need to be growing these bigger baws and living our lives to the extent that we can.

People need to get vaccinated as that is keeping people out of hospital and reducing transmission. If you are unlucky enough to go to hospital, there is an anti-viral drug available that may be a game changer. So i dont think there needs to be a policy change, i just think those in power need to loose this tendency to over-react, and as far as i hate the idea, do something about those that are gambling by not taking the vaccine!
    I would like to see critical care such as cancer being prioritised and not consistently threatened. Maybe if the nhs money didnt goto admin management with no medical experience and to where it should go that would help eventually. Dare i say it hospitals are quieter than normal at this time of year. Now COVID is a bvgger or at least was, this variant is now being described as similar to cold symptoms. Not for unvaccinated (many much younger than previous issues).

Its bizare that wee burnie cancels everything just enough without furlough that it basically is made without real scientific evidence. Unfathomable regulations designed to confuse and unfortunately tear us from any will to make us go out in general and make it a lockdown by stealth. Pubs, restaurants, theatres etc are going to go under - for what?

scunnered as many have said - i was 100% for initial lockdowns having been very ill myself. Now it just feels like a power game between politicans and to follow the welsh just to spite the english is fvcking bizarre. Indeed we all know nics c0ck is bigger than boris's but Ive had enough. I am so mad i could crush a grape.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    In the mail this morning an invitation for my 4th jag in early January!.There really isna any end to this is there?.
    Until the rest of the world catches up with the vaccine programme, nope, there really isn't. The Omicron variant has made this blatantly obvious. It's depressing as fcuk mate. 😔

That must almost be your fourth jab in a year, is it? Fcuk me.

Working from home i endorse (as im a lazy bast4rd) but GB cant work from home and in fact basically works in open air no contacts yet if someone that knows someone that knows alan mghee quite well who once waved at GB means he has to isolate. Fvcking nanny state - hope business is ok GB you can wash my windows any time

In contrast to this time last year with the vaccination programme just kicking off and the alpha variant rampant, this year there is lots of both past infection and vaccination immunity. Frustrating as it is, I do understand the argument about ‘waiting for the data’ and being cautious. But like last year we seem to be continuing with the ‘review every three weeks’ policy. My fear is that like last year, we end up where we keep going through this cycle of every three weeks reviewing and extending the restrictions again, and again, and again, and again……….Until you end up at the end of April and we suddenly get u-turns politically as the realisation dawns that people have had enough and no, you’re not going to get away with taking it into May as you were wanting to do.

The early data is already looking positive and we’re barely into the beginning of restrictions. If this continues to be positive over the next couple of weeks, then really there should be NO justification for extending for yet another three weeks. If this happens, then that’s political point scoring quite frankly and people have had enough of that schit. Whether it’s Sturgeon, Johnson, Drakeford or whoever. The population is constantly being dangled a carrot in front of them only to have it pulled at the last minute and you can only draw on their goodwill and compliance for so long. Enough’s enough.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 23-12-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    In contrast to this time last year with the vaccination programme just kicking off and the alpha variant rampant, this year there is lots of both past infection and vaccination immunity. Frustrating as it is, I do understand the argument about ‘waiting for the data’ and being cautious. But like last year we seem to be continuing with the ‘review every three weeks’ policy. My fear is that like last year, we end up where we keep going through this cycle of every three weeks reviewing and extending the restrictions again, and again, and again, and again……….Until you end up at the end of April and we suddenly get u-turns politically as the realisation dawns that people have had enough and no, you’re not going to get away with taking it into May as you were wanting to do.

The early data is already looking positive and we’re barely into the beginning of restrictions. If this continues to be positive over the next couple of weeks, then really there should be NO justification for extending for yet another three weeks. If this happens, then that’s political point scoring quite frankly and people have had enough of that schit. Whether it’s Sturgeon, Johnson, Drakeford or whoever. The population is constantly being dangled a carrot in front of them only to have it pulled at the last minute and you can only draw on their goodwill and compliance for so long. Enough’s enough.
    I have a nasty rash on my **** - is this an example of the population being dangled a carrot in front of them only to have it pulled at the last minute and you can only draw on their goodwill and compliance for so long ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I have a nasty rash on my **** - is this an example of the population being dangled a carrot in front of them only to have it pulled at the last minute and you can only draw on their goodwill and compliance for so long ?
    Iz that rash on your **** or your ****? Hard to fathom

Goodwill and compliance are nearly done mate. Most folk have tried their best to help, but it is now getting ridiculous. The folk that needed jabbed are jabbed. The folk that wanted jabbed are now jabbed. Keep the venerable in safe places and top up their boosters and let's all get get the f*ck on with it.

Page 203 of 235 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)