+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 207 of 421 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 4202

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Didn't we sign a centre half, John Milne or something, similar situation...never played for us and also from the lower echelon's of American 'soccer' at a similar age. Not a proper signing but low budget and low risk...so worth a gamble. It's maybe the alternative to Dom Ball as he has deemed himself too good for us...
    You’re going back a few years now but I think so.

You may laugh at Dom Ball but at least he’d played over 100 games at a decent level. And I’m not wanting him back before anyone says anything.

This lad hasn’t played one.

I’ll admit my knowledge of MLS2, which is effectively where’s he’s from, is zero, but I can’t imagine the standard is too high.

It’s a punt and a bench warming signing probably, which is ok, as not every signing can go in to a strongest X1 when we’ll be making about 8 signings.

Good luck to him anyway.

If he's pish then he's pish. He might not be though. Nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Back on topic...

Red tops are alleging the Dhims have had a bid of £5m turned down for Scott McKenna.

I don’t believe the Dhims would bid £5m.

Allegedly our valuation is £10m.

Begs the question...

What would you say would be the price to let him go if you were in charge?

PS - I wouldn’t sell the Dhims the cure for cancer incidentally.
    I would prefer not to sell him to Timothy at all, but as for price tag I think if we can get 5million for him then we should be seriously considering it

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You’re going back a few years now but I think so.

You may laugh at Dom Ball but at least he’d played over 100 games at a decent level. And I’m not wanting him back before anyone says anything.

This lad hasn’t played one.

I’ll admit my knowledge of MLS2, which is effectively where’s he’s from, is zero, but I can’t imagine the standard is too high.

It’s a punt and a bench warming signing probably, which is ok, as not every signing can go in to a strongest X1 when we’ll be making about 8 signings.

Good luck to him anyway.
    I was only laughing about Dom Ball rejecting us, I wouldn't have objected to him as back up but I see this as a freebie. No risk and surely earning less than we'd have been paying Ball. No, it's the real signings we need to worry about. One more permanent along the lines of Bryson and some decent loans should at least give us a half decent squad. Every year it gets harder and harder for us to compete with wages down south and I think we should give! McInnes credit for securing Bryson when I'm 99.9% sure Derby and Luton would have offered him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    I was only laughing about Dom Ball rejecting us, I wouldn't have objected to him as back up but I see this as a freebie. No risk and surely earning less than we'd have been paying Ball. No, it's the real signings we need to worry about. One more permanent along the lines of Bryson and some decent loans should at least give us a half decent squad. Every year it gets harder and harder for us to compete with wages down south and I think we should give! McInnes credit for securing Bryson when I'm 99.9% sure Derby and Luton would have offered him more.
    I think we got a bit lucky with Bryson because of the timing.
    Apparently he wanted home to Scotland.

If a manager has a player in his squad that wasn't his choice then he'll be extremely unlikely to play him unless he is substantially better than we've already got....

We really need a left back in before Europe begins. Although unlikely, we want to give ourselves the best chance to qualify for the group stage. We won't be doing that with Considine out wide

I think Lowe will come back provided Lampard doesn't go to Chelsea. We've had some amount of players play for us and Derby. I see on Bryson's debut, Anderson and Bebo played.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think Lowe will come back provided Lampard doesn't go to Chelsea. We've had some amount of players play for us and Derby. I see on Bryson's debut, Anderson and Bebo played.
    Lampard will go to Chelsea.
    The new Derby manager will no doubt want to see all his squad over pre-season.
    That might scupper it IMO.
    Considine will start the season at LB I think.

I see one of the papers is saying Hibs will be bidding £250k for Christian Doidge.
    We were in for him last season.

Will we go back in?

I doubt £250k will get close to persuading his club to sell anyway

F uck selling McKenna to Celtic, I'd rather he stays for another season at least, I'm not confident with ash at the back with Devlin who's not had a decent run of fitness/form since the early part of last season.

Page 207 of 421 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast