+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 209 of 349 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only thing I would say is that Johnson if elected which looks likely could be our own Donald Trump .

There is a very good reason the likes of Johnson Mogg and a good proportion of tories are so hell bent on leaving the EU , historically something tells me paying more tax and looking after the working class isn't one of those reasons .

I'm happy enough to see Johnson and his minions grab power for the short term and take us out of the EU , useful idiots you might say .

Can't say I wish to see them in power much past the next election though .

The Labour Party better start getting its act together if they want to contest the next election because the incoming Tories running the country may make Thatcher look like Aneurin Bevan by comparison .
    Spot on animal. I have no desire for the Cons to run the country once we have our exit confirmed but for now I hope Johnson wins big time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I see your pov but having read many articles and evidence from both sides, the overall economic impact would be extremely negative. Very few economists dispute that, certainly that I've seen.
    pup, I agree that there is bound to be some upheaval and I would be stupid to believe otherwise but I believe that it will be a lot less than project fear keeps harping on about. The reason I believe this is that we already have deals set out through the EU which countries are happy stick with when we leave the EU and all that needs changing is the EU part of any contract made.

I would like to ask anyone on here who keeps harping on about "Now we are better informed of what Brexit means"

Just what are you better informed of now than you were when the original vote took place? Project fear are still saying the exact same things they did before the original vote! Nothing has changed with the rhetoric they are still spouting so where is the new so called info coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I would like to ask anyone on here who keeps harping on about "Now we are better informed of what Brexit means"

Just what are you better informed of now than you were when the original vote took place? Project fear are still saying the exact same things they did before the original vote! Nothing has changed with the rhetoric they are still spouting so where is the new so called info coming from?
    We've had the government assessment reports, business responses, the apparent complexity of reaching a deal that can get through parliament and the Irish border issue which have come to the fore since the vote.

I understand that this is a risk you and others are willing to take but I'm not. I don't think the majority of parliament or the nation are either, so I don't think you'll get it through as you'd hope.

Errrrrrrm I dont think you understand what the hard border question is about really. The EU are the ones who want the hard border to go up and has nothing to do with brexit per-say. The UK are more than happy to negotiate a no hard border deal with Ireland but because Southern Ireland will still be part of the EU and EU rules forbid private deals with countries outside the EU this cannot be done. So in reality the EU are the ones who are happy to throw Ireland under the bus not the UK.

Once out of the EU we could negotiate a no hard border within the deal made with the EU because we would hold all the cards after we leave. They know it and we know it lol simples.
    OK, so if Ireland don't put up the border, the EU don't put up the border and we don't either, how are you going to stop immigrants travelling freely through Ireland and into the UK??

I thought we wanted control over immigration??!

We've had the government assessment reports, business responses, the apparent complexity of reaching a deal that can get through parliament and the Irish border issue which have come to the fore since the vote.

I understand that this is a risk you and others are willing to take but I'm not. I don't think the majority of parliament or the nation are either, so I don't think you'll get it through as you'd hope.
    raging, all this was discussed well before the vote was originally taken mate. This is just the outcome of what project fear said so nothing new in those reports including the backstop that was also spoken about before the vote took place. So I will ask again, where is this new info?

OK, so if Ireland don't put up the border, the EU don't put up the border and we don't either, how are you going to stop immigrants travelling freely through Ireland and into the UK??

I thought we wanted control over immigration??!
    It's a trading border nothing else.

I get that we could do that and as I keep saying, I'm no fan of the EU, but on balance the evidence strongly suggests that the economic damage will outweigh the benefits. But whenever that is put forward, leave voters only ever seem to indicate that the evidence is distorted and scare tactics. But even leavers on here say that it may cost them their jobs. This is from them. I'm willing to compromise but not to that extent
    Which leavers on here say that? Name them if you can
    You need to ask why the doom mongers say what they say
    What vested interests are at stake?
    What are posters such as Wan Chai's interests?
    He seems reluctant to tell us what sort of items he imports

raging, all this was discussed well before the vote was originally taken mate. This is just the outcome of what project fear said so nothing new in those reports including the backstop that was also spoken about before the vote took place. So I will ask again, where is this new info?
    Where was the backstop discussed nationally before the vote?

The government produced their own economic impact assessments in 2017/18 along with other reports preparing for a no deal scenario. True? False?

If a no deal scenario was to happen, how will immigration be controlled by border between Europe/Ireland and the UK? Aren't Northern Ireland folk allowed to travel between NI and UK without showing passports and are completely opposed to s border in the Irish Sea. Won't we have to set up border contol somewhere if the EU won't? Again, not challenging, just a bimbo who doesn't know how no deal brexiters are proposing this will work

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Which leavers on here say that? Name them if you can
    You need to ask why the doom mongers say what they say
    What vested interests are at stake?
    What are posters such as Wan Chai's interests?
    He seems reluctant to tell us what sort of items he imports
    Can't remember who it was. Animal? (sorry if not you animal) but was def said by a mm Brexiteers.

Business has lots of vested interest at stake. Lost business. Isn't that obvious?

Page 209 of 349 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast