+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    For the last 7 years under Warne and Taylor we have failed to get anyone through the door before July 1st and been told that it is a nightmare because everyone is away and players need to sound out all options,blah,blah,blah. Evans comes along and we have 4 through the door before the FA Cup Final has kicked off! IF he is one of the most hated men in football why do so many players want to play for him?
    I think there must be an element of Evans saying ‘either sign now or we are no longer interested. We have other people who want to sign’. Putting the pressure on the player who is wanting to play in a team pushing for promotion.

He’s certainly a more demanding and aggressive character than previous managers and it’s refreshing to see.

Previously we have started seasons where there are excuses that players aren’t match fit which is pretty pathetic. Hopefully these signings will be great additions to the team and we will be up near the top but only time will tell.

What you have to remember is that the percentage margins in wages between The Champ & League 1 are night and day.What I mean by that is you may get a decent League 1 player for 3 grand a week but you would get a top League 1 player for 5 grand a week. If the money received for Victor has been given towards bringing together a promotion chasing team then these early signings make sense.Simply put,a million quid is 20 grand a week which allows you to pay 10 players 2 grand a week more than what the original budget would have dictated.There has certainly been an attempt to blow everyone else out of the water and lay down a marker to the bookies,the rest of League 1 and to drive season ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I think there must be an element of Evans saying ‘either sign now or we are no longer interested. We have other people who want to sign’. Putting the pressure on the player who is wanting to play in a team pushing for promotion.

He’s certainly a more demanding and aggressive character than previous managers and it’s refreshing to see.

Previously we have started seasons where there are excuses that players aren’t match fit which is pretty pathetic. Hopefully these signings will be great additions to the team and we will be up near the top but only time will tell.
    TBH if I was Evans and I speak to a player. If he doesn't come on board and agree to sign with in a reasonable time scale ( 2-3 days) then I would move on to someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or we now have a manager that's more decisive and acts quickly rather than dithering over a good human being test.
    Well he didn’t hang about bringing JCH in if that’s what you’re referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No I think we have freed up Millions in wages where last season Taylor overpaid a waste of space and time money on has been last contract players.

Thing is now we've dropped, TS has less coming in from the EFL so he will be personally paying a lot more this time around, if that's not commitment, nothing is.

Possibly cash that he’s previously banked to be fair. He’s not a wealthy business man for no reason but he’d still hoodwink the mass majority on here. As long as the club stays on an even keel and spends within there means with a team who TRY then most millers would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Possibly cash that he’s previously banked to be fair. He’s not a wealthy business man for no reason but he’d still hoodwink the mass majority on here. As long as the club stays on an even keel and spends within there means with a team who TRY then most millers would be happy.
    ILC, he'd be daft to spend above his means as we would be docked points so that would be pointless. Get your meaning though about the rest of your post. I think the last thing any Millers fan would like to see is another mass points deduction for going into administration again.

Morning chaps, pleased to see you’ve picked up Joe. I’m glad he’s gone to a good club and I fancy he’ll achieve back to back promotions. You’ve got a very good right back there.

I was slightly amused at the idea of Raggett coming to you. You could do a lot worse. Between him and Rafferty, our right hand side was effectively closed for business.

Haven’t been on here for a while and it seems we are destined to be in different leagues for next season at least. Hurry up and get your act together and best of luck for the coming campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
    Morning chaps, pleased to see you’ve picked up Joe. I’m glad he’s gone to a good club and I fancy he’ll achieve back to back promotions. You’ve got a very good right back there.

I was slightly amused at the idea of Raggett coming to you. You could do a lot worse. Between him and Rafferty, our right hand side was effectively closed for business.

Haven’t been on here for a while and it seems we are destined to be in different leagues for next season at least. Hurry up and get your act together and best of luck for the coming campaign.
    There's more of a chance M8 we will be in different leagues next season also.

On squad building,I keep forgetting about Andre green.which is not hard to do but he will become involved .!.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast